Do You Game On Hard, Medium or Easy?

Permabanned
Usually whatever the default is, for the first go. Rarely have to adjust it before finishing the game once. Then of course often up it for subsequent playthroughs. One exception I can think of is with New Vegas I did Hardcore mode and Hard difficulty right off the bat as I felt like a better challenge and remembered FO3 was mostly too easy. Also when I got ME2, after having completed ME1 on Insanity, set it to Hardcore first and now always Insanity again. Don't think I've ever had to go below the middle difficulty, not that I can recall at least (/toughguy).

Last edited:
Associate
I tend to start with the most difficult setting and then tone it down if it's ridiculously hard as the game progresses. That way I'm always challenged to some degree, without feeling like I'm just getting destroyed. Games are there to enjoy, I'd rather play through the second half of a game on Medium and actally enjoy the experiance, than just continually respawn on Hard.

Associate
Always try the harder modes first because a lot of games are much worse on normal or easy. Dead space for example was boring on normal but as soon as you put the difficulty right up the monsters actually become something to be afraid of. Easy just completely ruins most games.

Associate
Don't think I've ever played a game on hard. It's very seldom I'd play on easy, purely because mobs tend to end up being cannon fodder late game so it's dull, but I always play for story, so I don't want each battle to be long and drawn out, I just want to work through to the next story junction. It's worth pointing out that I only play RPG's too.

Soldato
Agreed with the majority. Play through first time on normal, then increase second time through or if I find it too easy. I will never play less than normal/medium etc.

If it's a flight sim, then it has to be as realistic as possible but that's a totally different "difficulty" rating.

Soldato
I usually go for one up from easy, depending on the options. Also depending on the game, if it is an RPG where you are supposedly a great warrior or whatever, I find it just silly to play it on hard where you struggle to kill a dog.

A game like Fallout 3 though it kind of fits in with the whole story etc to have it as a challenge. Skyrim- You are Dragonborn, you should be able to deal with crabs easily enough!

I play games for fun though, I know some people like to grind games or whatever, but I don't see the appeal myself.

Something like Fifa I always play on a pretty easy difficulty, there is no way that jody craddock can outrun Theo Walcott, it makes no sense:p

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom