Retro console and games thread

Soldato
Forgot to add a couple of cool things in here
photoxp.jpg

photo1pfj.jpg

Can not wait to see how Shenmue 2 pans out :D

Associate
first post here in ages... managed to get a free N64 with controller and Goldendeye and a free Snes complete with conmtroller and cables but no games:(. both power up and N64 tunes into RF lead ok.

any ideas how to connect to a plasma, tried using multiout cables from a ps2 but no joy at all.

Soldato
Nice shenmue 2 wish I had enough time to give it a chance always get to the same bit and then give up.

:D I still haven't had a chacne to play yet but it should be good!

first post here in ages... managed to get a free N64 with controller and Goldendeye and a free Snes complete with conmtroller and cables but no games:(. both power up and N64 tunes into RF lead ok.

any ideas how to connect to a plasma, tried using multiout cables from a ps2 but no joy at all.

I use the scart adaptor from my cube on my 64 (and will do on a snes if I ever pull my finger out and get one) probably the best way to do it now as my rf lead for my 64 bit the dust years ago (and it didnt look good on non crt tvs)

Associate
I use the scart adaptor from my cube on my 64 (and will do on a snes if I ever pull my finger out and get one) probably the best way to do it now as my rf lead for my 64 bit the dust years ago (and it didnt look good on non crt tvs)

cheers shall have to get one of those

Soldato

I played Golden Eye not so long ago on my LCD and it was a massive blur, I've got a plasma now but haven't tried it again, I hope you get better results because it ruined the nestalgia for me :(. Yet games like DK64, Mario 64 & Kart, Doom, Quake ect all looked fine.

Soldato
£3 and it has memory card i didnt even know was in,and a game lol got it from local bootsale,and i bought a n64 with 8 games inc zelda,mario cart and pokemon snap that cost me £10 tho,loving abit of rougue squadron,just looks poor on my flat tv with the RGB lead

6abaacc2.jpg

a62c6ee1.jpg

Soldato
that cube truly is a bargain.

mate at work was having clear out and bought me in a silver ps2 fat with the network adaptor and 120gb hdd.....to say i am chuffed is understatement :)

Associate
Here is the latest addition to my growing Sega Game Gear collection :)

These white game gears where never commercially released, they were given out as gifts to developers in Japan. Widely considered as the "Holy Grail" of game gears ! Cost me an arm and a leg, could easily have bought a PS3 and a 360 (well pre-owned anyway) for what I paid but I am extremely happy to finally own one !

2yv5oah.jpg

5tzc75.jpg

25jz715.jpg

Associate
£3 and it has memory card i didnt even know was in,and a game lol got it from local bootsale,and i bought a n64 with 8 games inc zelda,mario cart and pokemon snap that cost me £10 tho,loving abit of rougue squadron,just looks poor on my flat tv with the RGB lead

6abaacc2.jpg

a62c6ee1.jpg

Need to start hitting the boot sales again, great for retro console stuff (when it works)

Back
Top Bottom