Retro console and games thread

Soldato
Here is the latest addition to my growing Sega Game Gear collection :)

These white game gears where never commercially released, they were given out as gifts to developers in Japan. Widely considered as the "Holy Grail" of game gears ! Cost me an arm and a leg, could easily have bought a PS3 and a 360 (well pre-owned anyway) for what I paid but I am extremely happy to finally own one !

2yv5oah.jpg

5tzc75.jpg

25jz715.jpg

Thats well nice, did you ever get round to doing your review of the Turbo Graphx I sent you? Did you get any more games for it? What do you think of it?

Associate
Thats well nice, did you ever get round to doing your review of the Turbo Graphx I sent you? Did you get any more games for it? What do you think of it?

Hey Mark, no I have never done a review of it mate. I have only bought one other game for it, Galaga. It is sitting under my TV in the living room :) I do play it but I always get distracted with other games to buy lol

Soldato
i am on the hunt at the bootsales for gamecube games now ,i am trying to get luigi mansion,its on the bay for about £17 but i know if i keep hunting i will get it for a couple quid.I am just gonna collect nintendo stuff now,there value seems to hold and its harder to find i think

Associate
This is my type of thread :)

Anyone here tried their hand at building a mame arcade bartop/cabinet?

Building a full arcade cab from scratch at the min for a local church, slow painful work :o

Managed to scrounge a lot of stuff but had to spend £20 on a bit just to cut the slot for T-Moulding to go into. Getting there though!

Associate
You should check out this months issue of Retrogamer as it has a feature on the Sega Game Gear and collecting for it :)

Very nice find by the way, I've never even seen a picture of one of them before!

Thanks mate, I already got this months Retrogamer, just for the GG article. It doesn't have any info that I don't already know but it was awesome to read anyway, I actually know the guy who wrote it.

I am going for the full PAL set of game gear games, boxed and complete. I have 137 of them now. There is 106 in the full set :)

Soldato
Soon at it gets warmer, Im going to start hitting car boots again to continue building up my retro collection in my room.
Ebay prices are getting silly now and Im after a Amiga 1200 to replace my 500.

Associate
Soon at it gets warmer, Im going to start hitting car boots again to continue building up my retro collection in my room.
Ebay prices are getting silly now and Im after a Amiga 1200 to replace my 500.

If you did get one how much would you sell your 500 for? Wouldn't mind tinkering around with one :)

Soldato
Guys how do you get around the terrible picture from using a hdtv? I'm guessing I need to find an old tv set somewhere? The n64 looks terrible on our Sammy.

Associate
Building a full arcade cab from scratch at the min for a local church, slow painful work :o

Managed to scrounge a lot of stuff but had to spend £20 on a bit just to cut the slot for T-Moulding to go into. Getting there though!

Sounds good, you will have to get some pics up when its done :D

I want to make one but the wiring part is putting me off

Soldato
If you did get one how much would you sell your 500 for? Wouldn't mind tinkering around with one :)

Probably about £15. I replaced the floppy drive a few months back but it was for the A500 not A500 Plus. So I have to play it with the floppy drive out until I find a proper way of fitting it securely.

Back
Top Bottom