Any ex vegetarians about ?

Associate
I've was a vegetarian for around 8 years. A few months back, I started to eat a little bit of fish again . This week I have decided to take the plunge and eat some meat.

I'm not asking from a medical point of view - I'm just wondering if anyone else has taken this decision, regretted it, or suffered health wise as a result.

Ta

Permabanned
I'm curious as to your original decision and now the change in that.

Has animal welfare changed recently to alter your opinion, or are just indifferent to it all now like the rest of us?

Caporegime
I was vegetarian for five years before reverting back to meat again. I don't regret trying out a veggie diet, but do feel much better now for going back to animal protein. I make sure I buy clean, lean organic protein.

Associate
OP
I'm curious as to your original decision and now the change in that.

Has animal welfare changed recently to alter your opinion, or are just indifferent to it all now like the rest of us?

Well I've always had the animal welfare side to me, and it was something I wanted to do for a long time. 8 Years ago I got very very ill from eating meat - so ill in fact that I stopped eating meat there and then.
I still had little bits of fish for a few weeks and then cut that out.

Why am I going back ? Well for a few reasons. Health and diet mainly.
I also think I can give still give to animal welfare causes in other ways.
I will still adopt certain choices - no Halal meat for example.

Associate
OP
I'm not planning to hit the butchers on a daily basis. I've discovered huge amounts of new foods over the last few years, and will happily still eat lots of meat free meals.

This is of course assuming that all goes well tonight.

I'm a little scared, and excited at the same time. Still trying to decide my first meat meal actually :D

Soldato
I'm guessing he'd like to enjoy his first time eating meat in 8 years ;)

:D

Lol, nothing wrong with a donner! In fact I'm having one for dinner tonight :D

If I was coming back to meat on a serious note I'd have pork belly, cooked to perfection with crackling... Mmmmmm

Don
Lol, nothing wrong with a donner! In fact I'm having one for dinner tonight :D

If I was coming back to meat on a serious note I'd have pork belly, cooked to perfection with crackling... Mmmmmm

In eating a donner, you'll end up with a pork belly ;):p

My wife was a vegetarian for 10 years, and recently has been having meat instead. She started with fish, then sausages, and now onto chicken and minced beef :) She hasn't suffered any health problems at all.

HAz

HAz

Soldato
In eating a donner, you'll end up with a pork belly ;):p

My wife was a vegetarian for 10 years, and recently has been having meat instead. She started with fish, then sausages, and now onto chicken and minced beef :) She hasn't suffered any health problems at all.

Your wife saw sense.

Soldato
I belive the best balance is to eat meat, but only eat a small ammount, it's better for the world. That said, you have to be vary careful when choosing the meat you do eat, morally, start to think about the food grown right next to starving people in the 3rd world that gets processed in order to feed animals to then be fed to the 1st world. Very sad.

I dont buy fish but I will eat it if it is put in front of me. The worlds fish stocks are being totally decimated, and we are just moving on from one over farmed fish to then go and over farm another. I wont be part of the extinction fish. Dont get me started on farmed fish, its crazy, it takes 8 times the ammount of wild fish to make 1 farmed fish, crazy, crazy, crazy.

Yes, I used to be a vegetarian, for health reasons, meat at the time was giving me IBT. Now I do eat a small ammount and yes I feel better for it now it does not disagree with me.

Associate
Go to a nice restaurant and ask for the biggest slice of rump they have and get it cooked as rare as they dare. You'll thank me later. :p

Associate
OP
8 years with no meat, I would be straight down to mc donalds for a big mac meal :D

Actually last night I did say "I can eat a Big Mac ! and a Whopper!" - both of which I have genuinely missed.

I'm going for lamb chops, mushrooms, tomatoes and chips.

I might have some bacon for breakkie this weekend too. We will see how it goes.

Don
My mrs was a veggie for about 6 years (we've been going out for 8)

The other week we were eating dinner in a restaurant, then to my surprise, she took a big fork full of beef chilly from my plate

She's converted back to meat and can't get enough of it.

Chicken from the bone is still off limits, but I don't like that either tbh

Back
Top Bottom