RC Helicopters

Soldato
Surely discussions and recommendations of fixed wing models, rather than RC helicopters, should be the subject of a separate thread?

Edit: Thanks... that was fast work, and should be congratulated... your new thread can be found here!

Last edited:
Associate
Right just had a fly! :D Excellent, if your looking to progress from the 3 channel co-axials then this is a very good stepping stone to a proper heli. Its light and quite fast, you can get a lick on if your not careful but cut the power and it bounces harmlessly to the ground. It has digital trims on everything so you can get it set just right, has a bit of tail drift but not bad, keeps you sharp.

Have a look at myrcmart for parts ;)

Soldato
I have a little 4 chan nine eagles Bravo III and i love it, jump up from the syma 3 chains and a good stepping stone to fp/cp that i hope to start flying later on when I'm more comfortable with this one.

Loving flying it around the living room, hoping to get a sim next but not much on the Mac so wondering if the outlay on a DX6i (or similar) to initially play sims only is a worthy one - i plan to then use it with BNF helicopters and in the big scheme of my hobbies its not much money (£89 from a local place)

Last edited:
Associate
I have a little 4 chan nine eagles Bravo III and i love it, jump up from the syma 3 chains and a good stepping stone to fp/cp that i hope to start flying later on when I'm more comfortable with this one.

Loving flying it around the living room, hoping to get a sim next but not much on the Mac so wondering if the outlay on a DX6i (or similar) to initially play sims only is a worthy one - i plan to then use it with BNF helicopters and in the big scheme of my hobbies its not much money (£89 from a local place)

You can play Phoenix v3 on Mac just search on youtube. Dx6i is well worth it, picked mine up for £84 new from a local model shop.

Jay

Associate
Argg I'm sorely tempted by the msr x.
I've decided I don't really have enough room to fly the v120 inside and if I'm outside I'll be on the trex 450.

Anyone have experience with it? I know it's new but someone might.

Caporegime
Argg I'm sorely tempted by the msr x.
I've decided I don't really have enough room to fly the v120 inside and if I'm outside I'll be on the trex 450.

Anyone have experience with it? I know it's new but someone might.

dont you mean MCP X the 6 channel one? its suposed to have a pretty loose tails and have far to high a head speed for indoors unless you have a basketball court sized room

Caporegime
because its cheap , it might get wrecked and it will be fun building it.

i was originally going to get a honey bee v2 but i read a lot of comments that put me off them, most the other 100-200 quid helis seem to be a bit poop like the blade 120sr etc that arent meant to be much good in evne light wind, where as a 250 should be okish.

i didnt fancy a heli where everything is on a 4in1 or 3in1 jobby either

Last edited:
Associate
dont you mean MCP X the 6 channel one? its suposed to have a pretty loose tails and have far to high a head speed for indoors unless you have a basketball court sized room

Nope, the new msr x it's a flybarless fixed pitch heli.
I've flown the MCPx and although it's more stable than my Walkera 4g6 I still don't really have the room for a full cp heli indoors.

£65 from local hobby store. I might just pop out and see if I can get a a test flight.

Soldato
From what i have read the msrx is a twitchier version of its predecessor the msr - most seem to prefer the original.

Either of them are likely to be my next one to step up to FP but still being used mainly indoors.

Associate
I have dabbled in rc heli's a while ago, (a cheapo £20 model) but it wasnt my thing as at the time i was into my rc racing and i just didnt have time to learn to fly anything bigger

But now my circumstances have changed and ive just discovered this thread and its peaked my interest in flying once again, and have made what possibly be a big mistake and bookmarked the heliguy website

Soldato
lol @ ebay..
the used DX6I's go for the same or more as they cost brand new...
apart from one on their atm with a broken button

some of the helis on there people expect to get back what they paid aswell.....

anyway aparrently you can get some really good deals on here http://www.bmfaclassifieds.co.uk/ but i bet they get snapped up fast

when i sold my blade 400 on ebay i pretty much got cost price back for it, I did chuck in £25 worth of extra kit but still for a heli that had been in 2 bad crashes that wasnt bad at all!

fond memories of my blade 400, like the time it almost chooped my arm off as the receiver spazzed out, or the time when it 90 degree pitched into long grass and resulted in a £40 repair bill... Funtimes :D needless to say its one for the pros of which i am not

Last edited:
Soldato
This is getting expensive, just ordered a DX6i and I need simulator software next.

My Nine Eagles Solo Pro clone is broke again, it's decided it no longer wants to bind.

I'm looking at my next heli, maybe Blade MCPX? Or should I move onto something bigger?

Back
Top Bottom