Samsung LE26A457C1D Menu Lock/Hotel Mode?

Associate
Hi,

The hotel im about to spend 4 weeks a year at has decided to menu lock its Samsung LCD's.

Now id like to be able to connect my laptop to the TV via VGA to allow me to watch DVD's/Bluray Rips whilst stuck at the hotel...however the only AV inputs enabled are scart connections despite the TV having 2 HDMI sockets and a vga input.

Does anyone know how i can access the menu on the TV so that i can use the VGA input?

Many Thanks,

Russ

Soldato
Have you tried plugging in the VGA lead first, and then pressing "source" on the remote?

My Samsung TV disables some ports automatically if nothing is attached to them.

Last edited:
Associate
Do you know if the remote control for the tv is a proper samsung remote. I only ask as i used to stay in a few hotels and it used to drive me mad having the inputs on the tv disabled. I bought a "one 4 all" tv remote and just took that with me and put the code in for each tv i found in the hotel room. It worked a lot of the time but not all the time.

There are a series of buttons you can press to get the "turn hotel mode on/off" but, apparently this only works if you have the original remote that comes with the tv and a lot of hotels don't give you the original remote.

Found this for generic code for a menu if you get the samsung remote but don't get your hopes up.

"On the Samsung remote press the following with the tv on as fast as you can. Info, Menu, 0, 1, Exit. The hidden menu should appear. Turn hotel mode to off then turn the tv off with the remote".

Associate
OP
Thanks for the replies guys.

Ive tried plugging the laptop in and the laptop boots and detects the TV however the pc input still doesn't become available. :(

Just tried the sequence you suggested kingy (with the genuine Samsung remote) and im afraid to say ive had no joy.

I'm fairly sure the TV is in hotel mode or at the very least locked down as when i press the menu button i get a not available message on screen. The TV volume also seems awfully quite.

Any other suggestions welcome!

Thanks anyway guys,

Russ

Associate
Ask the hotel if they can do anything about it.

If you are a long term guest, they'll want to keep you happy and you might get lucky.

Hotels rely on happy guests :)

Back
Top Bottom