New Lian-li cases!

Soldato
Stolen from [H]

PC-Q12 (Mini-ITX, no expansion slots)
JZqq9.jpg
QqIps.jpg

PC-Q09FN (HTPC; variation of the PC-Q09F)
zH6xH.jpg
JjglD.jpg

PC-Q15 (Mini-ITX, 1 expansion slot)
WmEkJ.jpg
6g6WI.jpg
B2ooI.jpg

PC-Q18 (seems to be a slightly more compact PC-Q08)
HYGEi.jpg
osz0D.jpg

PC-Q05 thin-ITX
K0DP1.jpg

For me the Q15 is a step in the right direction. I was saying only the other day that I wish LL did an ITX version of the V351/2/3 mATX cases. Only one expansion slot though = no sale so fail there LL.

The Q18 seems to be a direct replacement for the Q08 with the TU200 being a portable version and the Q25 being the server/NAS version. I would say it is LLs only "gaming" ITX case.

I dont really get the point of the Q12 it seems to be an upright version of the new Q09FN but with no ODD so useless as an HTPC.

Q09FN is a restructuring of the Q09F to fit an SFX PSU which is nice. Would like to see more SFX PSUs in ITX builds please as the 450W Silverstone PSU will happily power any ITX gaming rig so you don't really need any more than that.

Q05 I have no comment on at the moment. It looks like a rack to me.

Damnit Lian-li if that Q15 had 2 expansion slots I would already have a replacement for the SG08. Why do you not want my money?

Soldato
Its about time!

Agree with you completely on the Q15. would there be enough space between the expansion slot and the case side for passively cooled graphics? looks a little tight!

I like the idea of the PC-Q12. but it would be hard to find a decent place to put it!

Soldato
Most of these cases look like either revisions of current cases or absolutely useless. WTF is the Q12 for? It's enormous and looks to hold very little.

I love LL, but these seem like a waste of resources to me :(

Associate
The Q12 isn't massive - it only just fits an ITX board in according to the dimensions on the card (190mm deep). However the fact it's missing both a ODD bay (slim would be fine) and an expansion slots (even half height) means I agree it's quite useless.

The worst thing is it wouldn't have meant much to have included those. OK so you may have needed to put in a slim 80mm fan at the top to fit in a card but that would be better than no expansion slot option at all.

~D~

~D~

Associate
Is there any replacement for the Q07? That setup is perfect for me with room for an OOD, a 2.5" HDD/SSD (for OS) and a 3.5" for mega storage.

Speaking of which.. there is no immediate danger of the Q07 being EOL yet right?

The Q12 isn't massive - it only just fits an ITX board in according to the dimensions on the card (190mm deep). However the fact it's missing both a ODD bay (slim would be fine) and an expansion slots (even half height) means I agree it's quite useless.

The worst thing is it wouldn't have meant much to have included those. OK so you may have needed to put in a slim 80mm fan at the top to fit in a card but that would be better than no expansion slot option at all.

Aye. I like the concept...... it'd be good for a under-desk PC for those with limited leg-room, but having no expansion slots make it useless for a lot of potential buyers.

Associate
Until you have to get on the floor just to plug a USB pen drive in. :)

USB hub and/or USB sockets in keyboard will sort this out.

Another place to mount it (and I think Lian-Li do a bracket for one of their other models to do just this) would be onto the back of a monitor - you'd have a customisable all-in-one!

Associate
On another note - the Q18 is looking good for an ITX gaming rig - enough room for a big graphics card and potentially enough room also for a corsair H60 rand or similar in the roof? Could be an awesome little rig

Soldato
OP
Is there any replacement for the Q07? That setup is perfect for me with room for an OOD, a 2.5" HDD/SSD (for OS) and a 3.5" for mega storage.

Speaking of which.. there is no immediate danger of the Q07 being EOL yet right?

The replacement for the Q07 is the Q11.

On another note - the Q18 is looking good for an ITX gaming rig - enough room for a big graphics card and potentially enough room also for a corsair H60 rand or similar in the roof? Could be an awesome little rig

Yes it is like the Q08 so I am guessing that a slim rad will fit on the top fan like in the Q08. However it is slightly larger than the Q08 and much larger than the equally capable SG07/08.

Associate
Yes it is like the Q08 so I am guessing that a slim rad will fit on the top fan like in the Q08. However it is slightly larger than the Q08 and much larger than the equally capable SG07/08.

True, but if/when I build my ITX rig I think I'd like to steer clear of Silverstone purely on the grounds that it's default choice and I like to think I'm creating something original :D

Soldato
OP
True, but if/when I build my ITX rig I think I'd like to steer clear of Silverstone purely on the grounds that it's default choice and I like to think I'm creating something original :D

Ha I had my gaming rig in a Q08 but it really is too big.

Thats why I want to see the Q15 with feet and two expansion slots.

Associate
Q12...
First look, i thought it would be a server case with a M-ITX board, smaller than ATX powersupply and a crap load of hard drive cages.
At second glance inside. 4 or 5 HDs, full size powersupply for a m-itx board...Sounds likes a gaming case, but with a twist....

Back
Top Bottom