**The Official Everything MMA Related Thread**

Soldato
I did laugh a little when Silva was disqualified for blows to the back of the head when two fights later they've got Vitor on the card...

Associate
if Edgar loses next month, do you think he will move down ?

also 6months ago we had sooo many contenders in the 155 division whos next for the winner of next months fight ?

Nate diaz i think needs one more fight
Gil Melendez isnt being moved out of SF it would seem
Guillard VS Miller next week, both guys coming off losses
Pettis, Lauzon, Cerrone all have recent losses to guys i already mentioned.

Soldato
My word what a card. The mental advantage Brazilians seem to have fighting in their home country seems to be staggering!

Sad to see Etim lose but my word, dat wheel kick. :o

Brazilians are dominating MMA.

Soldato
Size alone isn't enough :D Ask Rumble....

The workrate of Benson and Edgar are both phenominal...and just going on how well Benson handled Miller I'm tipping in favour of him.

Edgar is such an awesome fighter, got to love the smaller guy with the heart of a lion...

Love both these guys....going to be so so so good :D

Soldato
Was a great event.... not sure about the rumble fight sure all the stuff before the fight with weight and all but the ref stood him up while he was doing good in top position.... I think rumble just didnt understand and thought he had to win via standup. Looked like he lost his power/cardio quickly and got subbed the same way he has done many times...

Anyhow good event and more to come !

Caporegime
Just watched 143....

Johnson is an absolute joke, struggled for ages to make 170 then moves up to 185 and weighs in at 197? I'm glad he got his ass handed to him. Mirigliatta (sp) stood them up far too quick, but i'm not surprised there, Dana goes on and on and Mazaggatti being the worst ref in the business but Dan takes it easily.

What's up with Aldo holding the fence as well.... blatant cheating when he would've clearly been on his back. Good luck finding that KO from that position.

Something more needs to be done about that kind of thing imo, instant deduction of points or forcing the fighter to be on their back as it literally can be the difference between a win, or loss, as that fight proved.

Last edited:
Associate
For aldo holding the fence, its just human reaction to do that, if he kept doing it then yes he should have lost points.

and i just re watched the rumble vs vitor fight, the first time i watched it i felt like all the stand ups were very fast, but 2nd time watching they were stood up twice and separated on the fence once.

the 1st take down they were down for 1min, and when they were stood up there wasnt any shots landed by rumble for over 20 seconds. and vitor had locked both of his arms up at the time of them being stood up.

on the fence rumble wasnt really trying to advance his take down.

and the 2nd time they were stood up was fast, but again vitor had total control of 1 arm, and almost control on the other.

so although they were fast in comparison to some fights, some fights are so dull due to one guy being an awesome wrestler but then not trying to advance his position and finish, all they aim to do is hold them down and throw a punch every 15secs so they dont get stood up. but never go for subs or advance there position.

that anoys me a lot more compared to some fast stand ups, when the guy on the bottom has control of the one on tops body/posture.

Associate
The rumble fight was defo fixed. No doubt Dana wanted to punish rumble and probably had a word with the ref. Although i was pulling for belfort, you cant screw over someone like that.

So you believe that Dana has enough power over the athletic commission to illegally corrupt them, and also is willing to compromise the whole of his business just to punish Rumble?

Soldato
was very weird why he kept standing them up especially when it looked like he was working anyhow.... that pretty much cost him the match... oh heck he probably would have gassed out anyhow and lost :)

As for aldo grabbing the fence yeah its a instant reaction and while a cheat he stopped and defending the take down properly I guess it was just that 1st reaction, true the fight coulda gone either way if he was on his back !

anyhow heres something to remember ufc brazil by :

2.gif

Back
Top Bottom