The 2012 Chilli growing thread - the second burn!

Man of Honour
My chilli focus arrived today.

My naga doesn't seem to be doing anything under grow lights, the hot cherry may have a few tiny new leaves hard to tell and the curry is already sprouting loads of new tiny leafs.
So yet again it seems this curry is a great chili for noobs. It probably helped it had a few live leaves on, despite being unprotected in the garden since July.

Caporegime
I will be getting one of these. have come highly recommended from a knowledgeable person. Supposed to be the best thing for giving chillies an early start and overwintering.

LightWave%20T5%202ft%202-tube%20left.jpg

Associate
R.e. the grow lights, try searching a certain auction site for something like Par38 42 blue Smd grow light, those are the ones I'm using to start them off then I'm moving onto the same light but a mixture of red and blue for the flowering stage.

Only 15W per light so they can be left on a fair bit longer than a normal CFl light

Matt

Soldato
OP
My chilli focus arrived today.

My naga doesn't seem to be doing anything under grow lights, the hot cherry may have a few tiny new leaves hard to tell and the curry is already sprouting loads of new tiny leafs.
So yet again it seems this curry is a great chili for noobs. It probably helped it had a few live leaves on, despite being unprotected in the garden since July.

My Nagas loved the 400W HPS I have but I don't I can really set up nowadays!

Man of Honour
Phone can't cope with grow lights and main cameras battery's are dead

1326831289646.jpg

Hot cherry back left, curry back right, naga moricha centre.

As you can see curry has got lots of new growth. Cherry looks like its hot some tiny new green bits and naga well looks the same as it did.

Soldato
Sown the first lot of my chillies today. Only a few Scotch bonnets and habaneros but I've sown them earlier this year and added perlite and vermiculite into a better quality compost mix. We shall see if we get much difference :)

Associate
Heres my current set up

DSC01780.jpg

Close up even tho not a very good pic at all

DSC01782.jpg

The Jal earlys seem to be loving the blue led's

With them both being only 15W per light its only costing me .004 pence per hour for both to be running :D

When the plants get a bit bigger ive got a 90W red/blue ufo light but that thing makes a right racket when its running lol

Matt

Associate
Theres 14 Jal earlies in there, 2 Hot Choc habs and one Pusa jwala, all were sown on either the 2nd or 3rd of jan.

Will be growing mostly Jals this year as i am addicted to Chipotles lol

Another couple of weeks and when those are big enough to come out of the prop another load can go in.

Not going to bother with any silly hot ones as they can be a swine to set fruit and also when they do they are simply too hot for me so might aswell grow something i can get good use out of :D

Matt

Caporegime
If anyone here fancies a go at growing, but is unsure of what to get, I can thoroughly recommend this seed collection put together by sow seeds. They have a sister site at www.sowchillies.co.uk which is quite informative.

This collection is £15 and goes across the board from mild/medium (Jalapeno, Hungarian Hot Wax) through to scorching hot (chocolate habanero). Works out around £1.50 a pack which isn't bad.

http://www.sowseeds.co.uk/ultimate-chilli-seed-gift-box.html

Last edited:
Caporegime
Got some Trinidad Scorpions. Still on the look out for Butch T's. I think I know where I can get some.

Worth ordering a pack of seeds from WOC just for the little booklet they send you with them. Quite handy.

chilli1.jpg

chilli2.jpg

chilli3.jpg

chilli4.jpg

Back
Top Bottom