*** Desk and Room Gallery***

ljt

ljt

Soldato
A new year, a new desk was in order. I couldn't find a new desk exactly as I wanted it, so I designed one myself and my good friend (an ex chippy) kindly built it for me. It consisted of;

• a kitchen worktop from Ikea

• 4 brackets (Ikea)

• 3 adjustable legs (Ikea)

• 4 small furniture legs (B&Q)

• garage door draft excluder (for cable neatness at the rear) (Screwfix)

• Various sizes of conduit for cable neatnes

So I went from the setup found here; http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showpost.php?p=13261325&postcount=2929

To this;

desk21of1.jpg

desk41of1.jpg

desk31of1.jpg

It is about 80% complete. I'm looking for a cabinet to go under the right hand side where the dvd boxes currently are.

Soldato
I was expecting the top to be more expensive than that. Doesn't even matter if the top does get worn out over time as its only £35 to replace.

Shame its only 62cm wide though. I need 72cm wide :(.

Associate
I meant the bit next to the case, looks like a cut out?
Looks neater than the ikea cable hole drill kit I've got.

Not yet no, moved into a house in September and still haven't got my man cave finished, hopefully soon though!

Soldato
Is that an oak Ikea Vika Amon desktop with white annefors?

Wiil be getting these in the next few days and was going to go for the black/brown, but damnit that oak looks very nice! :D

Sorry for the late reply but yes mate it's the Oak effect Amon top with white Annefors. The "legs" come in really handy for storing stuff.

ljt

ljt

Soldato
Looks nice ljt

LJT, that looks really nice. Lovely wood.

Cheers guys, I'm really pleased with how its turned out, and for a lot cheaper than any pre-made desk of that size (total cost was around £120 for all the materials)

where did you get your wallpaper from ljt please?

not your desktop wallpaper, the striped wallpaper =]

thanks
Daz/Tosk

Hi Daz, its from a Independant place called "Home Zone" on the High Street in a place called Blackheath. I'm afraid I don't have the packaging with the manufacturer/product name anymore

hey ljt could you tell me where you got the wood and legs from for that little shelf on the right? im after something like it

It was the off-cut of the main desk worktop (as the pre cut worktop was about 30cm too long) I then just used the spare veneer strip and edged the cut side and bought 4 furniture legs from B&Q and screwed them on

You could probably create the same effect by buying a chunky shelf and the legs and making one that way

Last edited:
Associate
It was the off-cut of the main desk worktop (as the pre cut worktop was about 30cm too long) I then just used the spare veneer strip and edged the cut side and bought 4 furniture legs from B&Q and screwed them on

You could probably create the same effect by buying a chunky shelf and the legs and making one that way

yeah that sounds like a plan thanks

Back
Top Bottom