VM issues. [evening of 17th]

Soldato
Thank god for usb tethering, my 50Mb went off at midnight last night and still isnt on.

I cant even access the modem using 192.168.100.1 (assuming thats right).

They need to offer a free 5mb service on the phoneline.

Soldato
It seems to be affecting some people and not others, so can't have been network-wide. Did they say exactly what the problem was ?

picked up off the register :

Virgin Media's forum manager Mark Wilkin told the firm's broadband customers that the outage was "related to a routing hardware issue".

have heard from other people that it involved over heating hardware :confused:

Soldato
picked up off the register :

Virgin Media's forum manager Mark Wilkin told the firm's broadband customers that the outage was "related to a routing hardware issue".

have heard from other people that it involved over heating hardware :confused:

I don't use Vigrin's DNS servers, I use OpenDNS - I wonder if that is why I was unaffected ?

Associate
We lost our gigabit connection for about an hour. I'd previously opened a support ticket as they were having latency issues most of the day at telehouse. They phoned me and I was told the issue was failure of the cooling system that cooled a core switch system which resulted in the kit overheating.

Soldato
We lost our gigabit connection for about an hour. I'd previously opened a support ticket as they were having latency issues most of the day at telehouse. They phoned me and I was told the issue was failure of the cooling system that cooled a core switch system which resulted in the kit overheating.

yup it did not just overheat though it caught fire!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom