Apps from (PC) Market not auto installing on phone

Associate
Rather an annoying thing I have noticed.

When I install an app from Android Market (pc) - it says it will be installed shortly on my phone, and marks it as installed.

When I go to my phone, no new app has appeared - head into Android market - and the app is just sat in the "not installed" part, and I have to manually kick start it. I cann find an option to just let the app install.

Any ideas ?

Associate
Try clearing Cache and Data for the Market from Application Settings. This often cures a lot of ills.

Soldato
I find that if the market has been killed in the background it won't install, try just opening the market app on your phone and then it should install (works on mine most times)

If it doesn't pick up after around 30 secs of the main market page, open 'my apps' and it should wake up then :)

Associate
OP
I have installed the battery app - but I don't think that was the problem.

I ended up installing the apps manually - and when I left the wifi, and 3G became the network, it tried to automatically install them then. So even though I have "only install updates over wifi" ticked, it still tried to add the apps over 3G. Still dont have a fix though.

Soldato
Your wifi sleep policy might be set to a short timeout, check wifi settings > press menu > advanced. The battery app does close to nothing, I test phones for a living and for the majority of them they just close open connections (which are already in a sleep state) or disable things they really shouldn't do these days like the UMTS interface.

Back
Top Bottom