You are a cat, this garden isn't even yours

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
yep farmers have permission by law to shoot animals that endanger live stock.

I do a lot of shooting and know a lot of farmers who where unfortunate enough to be put in that position.

Man of Honour
You lived in Lincolnshire didn't you? You must have known Farmers can shoot Dogs/Cats whatever if they are on their land interfering with livestock.

Indeed and I do know quite a few farmers but I don't really have an interest in it so don't know much about it.

Soldato
Indeed and I do know quite a few farmers but I don't really have an interest in it so don't know much about it.

Fair do's, just thought it was common knowledge :)

So I see you say you wouldn't hurt animals, a noble sentiment. But I would like to qualify that by adding "for no reason" or "entertainment".

I am against Fox Hunting, because it is making a sport out of the death of an animal, but I fully understand and have no problem with Foxs being killed (Shot,Trapped,Poisoned) to keep their numbers under control.

I would assume you have no problem in say, laying a trap or poison if a family of rats moved in, or if your house became infested with roaches or any animal that was causing you a problem.

So all that is happening here is an extension of that premise. Cats are a big nuisance and problem to a lot of people, and this is where I mentioned fluffy animal syndrome comes in. Just because it's a "cute" animal then somehow it becomes obscene to think about killing it.

I appreciate that also being someones pet further complicates the issue - and I am not advocating killing peoples pets, but it does annoy us that owners take no responsibility for their cats just because they cant control them.

Associate
take photos of offending cat one normal one and one when they are in the act. go around to the owners house and ask if it is their cat. when they reply yes inform them that they will need a plastic bag and to follow you. get them to pick up the cat crap. like a dog owner would have to do. if they complain then set up a court case.

Associate
Fair do's, just thought it was common knowledge :)

So I see you say you wouldn't hurt animals, a noble sentiment. But I would like to qualify that by adding "for no reason" or "entertainment".

I am against Fox Hunting, because it is making a sport out of the death of an animal, but I fully understand and have no problem with Foxs being killed (Shot,Trapped,Poisoned) to keep their numbers under control.

I would assume you have no problem in say, laying a trap or poison if a family of rats moved in, or if your house became infested with roaches or any animal that was causing you a problem.

So all that is happening here is an extension of that premise. Cats are a big nuisance and problem to a lot of people, and this is where I mentioned fluffy animal syndrome comes in. Just because it's a "cute" animal then somehow it becomes obscene to think about killing it.

I appreciate that also being someones pet further complicates the issue - and I am not advocating killing peoples pets, but it does annoy us that owners take no responsibility for their cats just because they cant control them.

well put.

Man of Honour

Yes, that's fair enough.

Agreed.

No problem.

I appreciate that also being someones pet further complicates the issue - and I am not advocating killing peoples pets, but it does annoy us that owners take no responsibility for their cats because they cant control them.

And here is the issue. I have no issue with a farmer killing a wild cat because they are a nuisance, but you can't justify killing a persons pet because it does its business in your garden. Yes, it's unpleasant and annoying, but it's just one of those things.

Some people in here are effectively talking about shooting (not professionally either) or harming an animal 'just because' and for other stupid reasons. I know the majority of those people are clearly dim-witted and probably trolling, but it is concerning.

Caporegime
I don't understand people who don't like cats. So they crap in your garden. They crap in ours too.

I still try to befriend all the local cats (although most round our way are terrified of people), because cats are small bundles of joy and I just want to hug them :)

Permabanned
Its illegal for dog to defecate on public footpaths but legal for a cat to defecate on someone's property.

What about children playing and exploring the garden and ends up find and touching some, its disgusting and anyone that lets a cat outside has no right to be angry if someone interferers with a cat on their property.

Cat owners are mental, one woman send off her cats ashes to get them turned into a diamonds and took her dying cat around to a neighbour pleading to help it, bat **** mental.

Both dogs and cats can live outside alone but for some reason people keep and look after dogs and don't let them go wandering around peoples gardens yet cats have a free licence to do so.

Reason why I would stop for a dog but not a cat if I hit one on the road.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
What about children playing and exploring the garden and ends up find and touching some, its disgusting and anyone that lets a cat outside has no right to be angry if someone interferers with a cat on their property.

Do you apply the same rules to people then?

Cat owners are mental, one woman send off her cats ashes to get them turned into a diamonds and took her dying cat around to a neighbour pleading to help it, bat **** mental.

Lots of people are 'mental', lots of people own cats. The two are bound to overlap at times.

Associate
I cannot stand cats for this reason, disgusting animals who leave their rubbish all over your lawn.

Makes me so so mad, i use the water trick, just make sure it hits them they never come back after that.

Soldato
I cannot stand cats for this reason, disgusting animals who leave their rubbish all over your lawn.

I was under the impression that cats were rather clean animals. The few we had when growing up constantly cleaned themselves, buried their own faeces and never smelled bad - we did bathe them now and then, though.

Conversely, ALL the dogs I've encountered have always stank and loved shoving their faces in crap.

Soldato
[FnG]magnolia;21067574 said:
One or both of the cats from our neighbours directly opposite us is/are now using our flower beds as their personal cat toilets. This is unacceptable. I recently put down new mulch/bark and I wonder if they think it's kitty litter or whatever the hell it is that cats normally poo into and then dig holes to cover.

I need some tips on how to stop this. I don't like cats - especially ones that crap in my recently barked/mulched flower beds - so give me your best shot.

you cant do much. just try and ignore it - free fertilizer:p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom