****** Official World of Tanks OcUK Clan ******

Soldato
I shot a T-50-2 in the cap zone. We were both there capping and a Lowe came round the corner, I set up my sight fully zoomed in, fired just as the T-50-2 drove infront of me - took a 155mm to the side from my T30, not a chance. Name turned blue in-game and turned blue in the garage for about 5 turns. Had to keep my nose clean for those 5 turns lol :)

your lucky, i always shoot blue tanks, TEAM KILLERS! :p

Soldato
I shot a T-50-2 in the cap zone. We were both there capping and a Lowe came round the corner, I set up my sight fully zoomed in, fired just as the T-50-2 drove infront of me - took a 155mm to the side from my T30, not a chance. Name turned blue in-game and turned blue in the garage for about 5 turns. Had to keep my nose clean for those 5 turns lol :)

Really? I thought there was more to it than that. I've seen people TK multiple people on a team and still not become blue.

Soldato
There is nothing more frustrating than when a MT or a scout pops up in front of your HT/TD all ready lined up for a kill. Worst case you kill them, best they pop off a round, alert the enemy who moves behind cover.

I try to always go behind a tank aiming to fire unless it has just fired and isn't French :)

Soldato
Ok, so I think i'm slowely starting to get the hang of the T30. I'm the sort of player who likes to be the lead tank, in the heart of the action - spearheading the attack. The T30 is not built for that in any stretch of the imagination - not like the IS-7/E100s. It's woeful armour beasically means you're a target for Tier 6 tanks and they can do serious damage even from the front.

So, with this I'm finding you have to stay back, often to the annoyance of the team getting "noob T30" comments from everyone starts to get funny, especially when I end the game with 5 or 6 kills. I think this replay shows the style you have to play with it. I'm starting to think of it as a TD (I guess thats why they are moving it over to the TD line in future patches).

http://www.mediafaction.co.uk/bronken-gaming/WOTReplays/20120120_2305_usa-T30_redshire.wotreplay

Anyway, enjoying the tank now - started off pretty woeful and of course it does make it easier if you have a reasonable team like in the replay above. Enjoy!

Soldato
Yeah it is pretty much a turreted TD (like it'll become) with insanely high frontal turret armour and next to no hull armour and a huge gun. I guess its just not a tank that works on all the maps since you need to be able to either stay back, hidden, or use objects/terrain to keep your hull hidden and force enemies to shoot your turret... and to hope arty doesn't get a lucky 1 shot kill :p

Associate
Aye theres actually very little point in keeping any HE rounds in your non arty/derp gun tanks since they nerfed it.

Its useless now as a 'I have no chance of doing AP damage so I'll switch to HE and do something' option as unless you get lucky you'll do bugger all damage or bounce so in most occasions you may as well try and flank to hit a weak point with AP or hold off and find another target. And in those times when you do run across a target with rubbish armour that HE can penetrate, youre usually just better off shooting AP 2 or 3 times than one 1AP and reloading HE and still maybe needing just as many shots to kill.

French tanks with paper armour can change this a little but again its not worth it for one or two paper tanks per battle on top of the more random damage that HE does over AP even against paper targets.

EDIT: Also Efficiency Rating - 1476.84

Not too bad.

Last edited:
Soldato

Pretty much my thoughts really. I sometimes load a HE round on my Ferdinand if a targets on very low hp and I don't want to risk a bounce but honestly, I'm not sure if its even more risky using a crappy HE round that may not even deal enough damage to kill it. Trying to face off against high tier foes with lower tier tanks using HE is pointless, you do no damage no matter where you shoot.

Did have a laugh on 1 game a few days ago in my Leopard when the enemy teams Ferdinand told me to give it up after I shot it 20 times with AP and HE rounds and inflicted zero damage ^^

On that topic, does anyone else have problems with all chat? It doesn't work for me, even if I click the Ctrl+Enter button with my mouse :confused:

1211.5 :o

i really need to stop running around in lol traktors and other little tanks :)

Lies, it takes into account average tank tier so you just suck :D

I've been playing a fair bit of T2 and T3 lately. Tetrarch as T2 and Marder II as T3. Tetrarch doesn't seem too bad a tank, trained the crew to 75% and they have no equipment mounted but otherwise it can deal a nice bit of damage. Once I get some camouflage on it it should be pretty strong. Marder II is just epic with its gigantic gun and I'm at around 70% camouflage now.

Soldato
Tetrarch has one of the best guns of tier 2 as does the Marder on tier 3 :p

playing the French tier 8 and 9 heavies without the biggest guns is excruciatingly painful :( but boy do they change when you get the big gun :)

Last edited:
Associate
Had a few games in tank companies last night as I hadn't really tried them before and enjoyed them. Like the tiered aspect of them and will be definitely be having another go later.
Do the OcUK crowd ever get together for tank companies?

Soldato
Pretty much my thoughts really. I sometimes load a HE round on my Ferdinand if a targets on very low hp and I don't want to risk a bounce but honestly, I'm not sure if its even more risky using a crappy HE round that may not even deal enough damage to kill it. Trying to face off against high tier foes with lower tier tanks using HE is pointless, you do no damage no matter where you shoot.

Did have a laugh on 1 game a few days ago in my Leopard when the enemy teams Ferdinand told me to give it up after I shot it 20 times with AP and HE rounds and inflicted zero damage ^^

On that topic, does anyone else have problems with all chat? It doesn't work for me, even if I click the Ctrl+Enter button with my mouse :confused:

Lies, it takes into account average tank tier so you just suck :D

I've been playing a fair bit of T2 and T3 lately. Tetrarch as T2 and Marder II as T3. Tetrarch doesn't seem too bad a tank, trained the crew to 75% and they have no equipment mounted but otherwise it can deal a nice bit of damage. Once I get some camouflage on it it should be pretty strong. Marder II is just epic with its gigantic gun and I'm at around 70% camouflage now.

To speak to just your team you need to hit ENTER to bring up the chat window type what you want then hit ENTER.

To speak to both teams you need to hit ENTER to bring up the chat window,type what you want and then hold down CTRL and press ENTER.

Last edited:
Soldato
To speak to just your team you need to hit ENTER to bring up the chat window type what you want then hit ENTER.

To speak to both teams you need to hit ENTER to bring up the chat window,type what you want and then hold down CTRL and press ENTER.

Huh? When did that change? And thats a pretty retarded way of doing it.

Back
Top Bottom