What have you broken?

Associate
My back last May in a skydiving accident.

L2,L3,L4 & L5

b9ha43.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
In 17 years of being in the Military I've only popped an ear-drum (2nd time I got blowed-up) yet playing football as a Goalkeeper I've bust 3 ribs, Compound fracture of left Tib/Fib, Dislocated left knee-cap with torn tendons, Chipped left elbow, Broken nose and 4 concussions. Fitness has nearly killed me (hence my current size :D!)

Associate
Never broken anything, but my left shoulder took the full impact of me coming off my motorbike at ~50mph.

It still twinges 9 years later. I'll propably get athritis in it soon :(

ive never came of my motorbike in the in my hole 2 years of driving, and i hope i dont, did you have correct clothing?

Soldato
No bones that i'm aware of... i did sawtooth my left tibia falling down a mountain, needed surgery and i was in the hospital for longer than people who did just have broken bones but still.

Think i can just about still make out the scar. It was the full length of the bone when it happened, now it's less than half :D

Soldato
In light of reading one of our ancient posters recent mishaps ;)

i read up to here and thought you were talking about objects and that ZZZAC had broken something else :rolleyes:

19 here and i havent broken a single bone. worst injury ive had was when i was ~12 and i was going down quite a steep tarmac hill very quickly on my little push scooter. half way down my scooters front wheel decided that it really liked the tiny pot hole it had just found and would stay there no matter what. cue me falling straight off and skidding down the rest of the hill in shorts and tshirt

Caporegime
Right wrist
Right knee
Right little finger
2 ribs
Lots of toes and my feet, but I don't think they count because they're constantly stress fractured.

Soldato
OP
ive never came of my motorbike in the in my hole 2 years of driving, and i hope i dont, did you have correct clothing?

Don't you ride a bike.... Rather than drive

My back last May in a skydiving accident.

L2,L3,L4 & L5

Ouch? How was the recovery/are you doing now?

Who's mishap were you reading about?

I've never broken anything, just a series of heavy sprains!

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18366302

kd

Soldato
Broke my Radius bone in my left wrist last July playing football (Goalkeeper). Before that I hadn't broke a thing.

I didn't realise it was broke, carried on but obviously didn't make a save with my hand that was hurting. Managed to drive home, get showered, get changed and put it on ice for a bit before it swelled and I realised I would have to go for an xray. Healed in just under 6 weeks, now back doing everything as normal no pain at all.

Associate
Jaw, cheekbone and left eye socket - Hockey accident at school
Right kneecap - Rugby accident
Left collerbone and shoulderblade - Lost a fight with a fat kid at school
Right femur - This one hurt like a *****

Worst was a dislocation and compound fracture of my left elbow when I was 13. The break itself was bad but the fracture severed the nerves and tendons in my arm. Had surgery to re attach the nerve endings and tendons and have 95% mobility in in so am pretty lucky. My pinkie finger has no feeling in it 14 years on :D

Broken fingers and toes a few times also but they dont count.

/Salsa

Permabanned
Collarbone snapped right in two - Playing football, slide tackled someone and they fell on it :(

Ankle - playing football, someone crossed and I slid the ball in just as the goalie took a massive swing. Which connected with my ankle. Still scored though :)

Middle finger - did a somersault on a trampoline, slipped on landing and put it halfway through a spring.

Nose, a few times - latest was during first year uni, was rather drunk at a foam party. The foam basically boiled down to a load of bubbles in what looked like a bouncy castle, I dived in expecting it to be bouncy. The floor was concrete...

Also torn the ligaments over the top of my foot (ATFL?) - again, playing football, went to turn someone and put all my weight on the outside of my left foot, it twisted and I felt several cracks, nearly passed out from the pain. Was down for a while, then the pain lessened and I carried on. Felt fine for the rest of the match, got on the bus back to my dads, went to get off the bus... And I couldn't walk on it. That was a long walk - 5 minutes took half an hour. And then my dad wouldn't take me to the hospital, because he had work in the morning. So he took me home so my mum, who also had work in the morning, could take me to hospital. Never really forgave him for that.

Soldato
Nose multiple times - Boxing and Rugby mainly
All fingers and both thumbs - Boxing, Rugby and Football mostly
Collar Bone - Rugby
Radius - Rugby
Wrist - Rugby
Cheek - Rugby
Jaw - Football
Ribs - Rugby
Dislocated shoulder multiple times - Whole host of reason, happened 10+ times now
Ankle - Rugby

Probably missed a few out, ive broken a lot!

Soldato
Technically I'VE never broken anything.

My brother kicked me and broke all the bones in my hand.

Someone dropped a big metal box on my foot and broke my big toe.

So all my injuries were caused by others :p

Back
Top Bottom