F1 2011 installation problem

Associate
I have just bought F1 2011 and am having trouble getting the game to install :(

It gets aprox 20% of the way through the configuration screen and then freezes and all I can do is cancel the installation :confused:

34ynx1i.jpg

Anyone else had this problem ?

Cheers.

Associate
Has it definately stopped installing? I've had a few games where it looks like it has frozen but its installing still, its just that the bar isn't movng then it shoots up at the last minute.

Dirt 3 did this when I installed it the other week, also codemasters.

Associate
OP
[ZiiP]carrot;21104191 said:
I have a feeling mine jumped after a very long time, 30 mins is along time mind. Tbh I would start the install, then head out or do something else for an hour or so, see what happens :p
Yeah might try that but apparently it is a known installation issue as I googled the problem - http://community.codemasters.com/fo...79-f1-2011-installation-freezing-20-thru.html

Seems like the Installer verifies the Data on the CD, which takes ages.
That could be the problem.

There's a few things to try (from the link) and so I'll go ahead and try them and see if they work !

Associate
When I thought Dirt 3 wasn't installing because it did take a long time I went to the folder it was installing in and checked the size of the folder, then rechecked again to see if the folder size was increasing. Then you will know if its installing or not.

30 minutes does seem a long time tho.

Associate
OP
When I thought Dirt 3 wasn't installing because it did take a long time I went to the folder it was installing in and checked the size of the folder, then rechecked again to see if the folder size was increasing. Then you will know if its installing or not.

30 minutes does seem a long time tho.
It finally installed , it took long enough !

Patience isn't one of my virtues I'm afraid :o

Soldato
It takes around 30-35 mins & just sits there for ages doing nothing but in the background its decompressing data from the DVD if after 40-45 mins it has not moved then you have either a faulty DVD or your AV is sacnning the files from the DVD & the HD install location or both. If so exclude from your AV scan.

Associate
OP
It takes around 30-35 mins & just sits there for ages doing nothing but in the background its decompressing data from the DVD if after 40-45 mins it has not moved then you have either a faulty DVD or your AV is scanning the files from the DVD & the HD install location or both. If so exclude from your AV scan.
Thanks for the feedback.

As it turned out I did find that it installed quicker while temporarily disabling my anti-virus.

By the way there's a F1 2011 patch available, is it worth installing this as most of the improvements seem to be related to the online gaming side which I don't bother with !?

Soldato
The physics seem to be different and better with the patch from my experience anyway but that was only trying online never done single player, worth installing though :)

Back
Top Bottom