Battlefield 3 thread - Server details in opening post -

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
People what's the average size of a Battlefield 3 installation?#

I presume it would fit along with Win 7, Office, Chrome, etc all installed on a 64GB SSD?

I've got a NAS for music, movies and important documents. Any suggestions or wild guesses as to what amount of space i'd have left after installing the above? ;)

Mine is 14.8 :confused:

Caporegime
Having never used TS, i do have a headset, how do i use TS? Is it an app to install? or some kind of bolt-on to the game?

I know that sounds a dumb question, but having never used it, i simply wouldn't know the answer.

dl install and either use push to talk and define a key or use voice activation. a lot of people dont like voice activation though as if u afk or eating for eg they can here whatever.

L33

L33

Permabanned
Finding a good game seems to be getting harder recently. The people I have previously played with have stopped playing since before Xmas, and I'm finding the game getting increasingly boring since then. Lone play is jarg.
Add me on battlelog if you play HC, profile link is in sig :)

Hmm.....sadly i'm getting a little boreed with this game, it's become a kiddie snipe/fly/rpg fest in a shorter time that BFBC2 did.
I played for about 3 hours last night, and struggled to find a server where half the bloody team WEREN'T either of those i've just mentioned.
One gunship pilot was so good the game was literally over inside the first few mins as he raped everything and i don't remember seeing him get shot down.

More servers should apply their own nerfing rules (if that's possible) to cater for those who actually want a good battle rather than playing with kiddie stat whores.
Snipers have no balls = FACT!! Grow a set and join the fight you cowards!:rolleyes:
Sounds like lack of teamwork really, few co-ordinated guys with stingers or other AA could have taken the chopper down pretty easily between them (lock, fire, wait for flares, other locks & fires). Problem is not many people want to actually work to capture flags and take out vehicles etc, they'd rather sit in a dark corner or rooftop with a barrett to boost their K/D.
Infantry only servers are an alternative.

Caporegime
lol its not really a big game prowise but try clanbase might get demos of people or other leagues ladders.

not really a exciting game like cs or cod4 to watch tbh.

or maybe see if some of the big teams have there own servers for pubs .

just looked on cb says it all with this game with how little teams are doing anything in it .

Soldato
I presume that's due to little 'e-sport' admin controls, etc?

It should be an epic game for some big clan games but it just doesn't appear to be that popular at the moment.

Should be options to pause the game, restart the game without changing the map, etc.. Stuff like that is one of the reasons why Counter-Strike is so good at being a team vs. team game.

Soldato
lol its not really a big game prowise but try clanbase might get demos of people or other leagues ladders.

not really a exciting game like cs or cod4 to watch tbh.

or maybe see if some of the big teams have there own servers for pubs .

just looked on cb says it all with this game with how little teams are doing anything in it .

Yeh me too. Thought there might be some sort of scene outside of ESL / CB that I was not aware of.

Associate
Mine is 14.8 :confused:

Mine is too, I have the B2K maps so I guess that would add a few GB's.

I ain't posted in this thread yet but I've been playing this since then new year and I can not believe the amount of hacking, I used to play BF2 and CSS years ago and I never saw hacking to this scale. I wish they could also fix the issue of running around the corner and then dying, the net code is really bad.

The only reason to play this game is for the graphics and they are not half as good in multiplayer as they are in single.

Hopefully EA can fix this game with proper patches and better cheat detection than punkbuster, It should not be possible to kill people with a pistol when they are on the other side of a map :(.

Associate
Problem is not many people want to actually work to capture flags and take out vehicles etc, they'd rather sit in a dark corner or rooftop with a barrett to boost their K/D.
Infantry only servers are an alternative.

I had an epic rush match last night on Grand Bazaar, now I'm not a great bf3 player by any means, my k/d sucks, i dont revive enough, I can't aim for ****, and more often than not I tend to run into a hail of bullets, but in the narrow corridors of grand bazaar, every single push, every single shoot out mini battle that we edged closer to the next M-COM, I was the kamikaze mother ****** up front who punched through (and consequently bit the bullet very quickly), I realised I what I lack in skill, I make up for with balls of steel, so if thats the sort of person you want to play with, essentially a human bullet shield it's drboppo if u wanna add me cheers :cool:!

Caporegime
Partizan2011 in matts server now using glitch around and under the map in metro.

The quickest way of reporting someone cheating is to contact me on battlelog. ;) LtMatt81 is my name.

Dice are rolling out R19 for the servers today, so expect mine to be offline any second now for 15 minutes or so.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom