Essential Android Apps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
What's the easiest way to move your Android 'Music' folder into Dropbox? I have ES File Explorer so was going to do it that way but can't seem to find the Dropbox folder.. It'd be nice to be able to chuck songs into my Dropbox to upload them to my phone.

I would also like to know if this is possible. I think it's probably not.

I don't think Dropbox downloads files to your phone unless you favourite them and I haven't found a way to favourite a folder.

Caporegime
I am about to give my mum my HTC Legend, she is coming from a Blackberry and is going to a new sim only plan.

She needs to be able to receive emails from 2 separate accounts, 1 hotmail and 1 gmail.

What is the best app i can get that will connect both these accounts and have all the emails in one place?
Thanks.

Use Gmail to manage the Hotmail account, and then just do everything through Gmail. You can retrieve email from other accounts and send as other accounts. I've got 3 gmail accounts, 2 hotmail accounts and a POP3 account all managed through my main Gmail.

Associate
Anyone else picked up Little Empire? Its a kinda cool little game, thought it might be good to get an OCUK group going if enough people are interested.

My username is: DaRyL77

Going to give this a try. Downloading and installing atm.

My username will be GeeGeez0rz.

Soldato
Use Gmail to manage the Hotmail account, and then just do everything through Gmail. You can retrieve email from other accounts and send as other accounts. I've got 3 gmail accounts, 2 hotmail accounts and a POP3 account all managed through my main Gmail.

It always surprises me more people don't realise you can do this. The Gmail e-mail app is by far the most battery friendly, so I have 4 or 5 accounts just going through Gmail.

Here's a guide I googled on getting Hotmail through your Gmail -

http://www.howtogeek.com/80104/how-to-send-and-receive-hotmail-from-your-gmail-account-2/

Have a look at the web based Gmail, the filters are really powerful too. Automatically move some e-mails to certain folders, bypassing your inbox for example.

Soldato
An app which allows you to record your Android screen as you use the phone. You have to be rooted though.

Screencast Video Recorder.

You can set it to record and then navigate through menus or applications, games etc and it records it all as an MP4 video. It's 99p on the Marketplace, seems quite useful. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom