Gmail Alternative

Soldato
I just use hotmail personaly, I have a gmail account but I can't use it as I forgot my password, and I don't know enough about myself to get it unlocked!

For this reason, I think gmail is rubbish.

Soldato
I like how on Gmail you can put dots anywhere within the username and the email still comes through. And the ability to use +word in your email address too e.g. [email protected]. Handy when you sign up to something and working out who is selling your details on to spammers.

Associate
The whole dot thing is a pain for me too. I joined when it first started up and took the format [email protected]. Now I get a lod of crap through from someone who seems to have signed up using [email protected]. Why do google allow people to sign up for essentially what is the same email account? I also worry that maybe he will recieve some of my emals as I seem to get so many which are clearly intended for him.

Man of Honour
Yes, they do.

How?
They only update the server. They don't update on other devices, like yahoo/gmail do.
If I look at a yahoo email on the iPad, the iPad and net version are updated as viewed, if I switch to iPhone, it is still shown as unviewed and as far as I know there is nothing you can do to change this.
Unlike yahoo/gmail, which updates across all platforms.

Last edited:
Associate
How?
They only update the server. They don't update on other devices, like yahoo/gmail do.
If I look at a yahoo email on the iPad, the iPad and net version are updated as viewed, if I switch to iPhone, it is still shown as unviewed and as far as I know there is nothing you can do to change this.
Unlike yahoo/gmail, which updates across all platforms.
*Shrugs*
Whatever I do on the iphone will update the server and vise versa. Never had anything not update correctly but I don't use two devices.

Back
Top Bottom