Show Off Your Dish (Picture Thread) (Rules added)

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
Mushroom, harrisa and Crème fraîche pasta., with harrisa lamb chops and side salad

Looks lovely. Any chance of a recipe for that please? I bought a jar of Harissa paste a while back on a whim and I'm at a loss as to what to do with it.

Man of Honour
Looks lovely. Any chance of a recipe for that please? I bought a jar of Harissa paste a while back on a whim and I'm at a loss as to what to do with it.

Nothing to it really.

Baste chops in harrisa paste and cook however you like.

Slice. Mushrooms up (lots) fry, add bit of diced onion and garlic, add rest of harrisa paste continue to fry. Remove from heat and allow to cool. Throw in Crème fraîche and a bit of Parmesan and mix in. I don't do it over heat or in a hot pan as it has a tendency of splitting, especially as I use low fat one.

However if you haven't used harrisa before you should make this. Lambs the best, low and slow.
Harrisa is my favourite mixed spice mix.
posted this loads, but it is my favourite dish

Harrisa, apricot and lamb stew
Harrisa paste, one jar (found by the spices/herbs, Salisbury's deff sell it)
Lamb neck or beef braising steak.
1 bag of finely chopped dried apricots.
1 can chopped tomatoes
1 onion
1 pint beef or lamb stock
Cous Cous
1 Stock cubes
Salt
Pepper
Optional extra chilli.

Method:
1) dice the lamb into inch cubes, mix the entire jar of Harrisa paste and leave to marinade for at least 30mins. Over night if possible.
2) peel and dice the onion add to a frying pan and fry until translucent
3) add the lamb to the onions and fry for two mins.
4) Take the lamb and onion and place in and oven proof dish (which needs a lid or foil)
5) add the tomatoes, stock, apricots
6) place in an oven at 160, for at least 2 hours. Uncover for the last 30mins. (Longer the better - covered)
7) when you want to serve, boil some water in a kettle.
8) in a bowl add the cous cous and crumble in a stock cube.
9) pour over the water freshly boiled for the kettle, stir and cover, leave for 5mins. its one part cous cous to 2 parts water
10) serve

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
Nothing to it really.

Baste chops in harrisa paste and cook however you like.

Slice. Mushrooms up (lots) fry, add bit of diced onion and garlic, add rest of harrisa paste continue to fry. Remove from heat and allow to cool. Throw in Crème fraîche and a bit of Parmesan and mix in. I don't do it over heat or in a hot pan as it has a tendency of splitting, especially as I use low fat one.

However if you haven't used harrisa before you should make this. Lambs the best, low and slow.
Harrisa is my favourite mixed spice mix.

Thanks for that dude :)
I'm away on Monday for a month (back to work :() but I've copied that and will make it when I get back. Not a huge fan of apricots so I may substitute them - probably with prunes.

Soldato
My first attempt at an authentic Chicken Pad Thai. Worked really well and the flavours were pretty much how I remembered them from Thailand. Need to work on sauce quantities though, and I had the wrong type of noddles but didn't detract from the awesomeness of it all.

Rice Noodles
2 Chicken Breasts
4 garlic cloves crushed
3 red chillies
3 tbsp soy sauce (marinate the chicken)
bean sprouts
spring onions
fresh coriander
crushed cashew nuts
Sesame Seed Oil
3 lime wedges to season
Tamarind paste 3 tbsp
fish sauce 3 tbsp
sprinkle of chilli powder
3 tbsp brown sugar (although I used white as I didn't have any brown)

IMAG0166.jpg

Soldato
d91b58861dde2c3294f28b95b9f99b53_293580_lrg.jpg

Salmon and scallop skewers with garlic and coriander marinade

16eb20f237130cda98993a69d4a588d9_309993_lrg.jpg

Singapore noodles with king prawns and pork. Thanks Mrs.

5c5092950bb324ec9efc94ac790d215a_326241_lrg.jpg

Ribs, just re-glazed...

d1d1992021389342526cba2bee94e177_385321_lrg.jpg

Ribs cooked! Two different homemade BBQ sauces on them and a separate BBQ rub. Bliss.
c88f849e9a43b7068fdc4a856d19f45c_326004_lrg.jpg

The sauce!

My weekend food.

Back
Top Bottom