Would a HP Microserver be good for me?

Soldato
OP
Right I've just got off the phone with a lady from Outbound, and she has informed me that the promotion will be extended through December.

Soldato
OP
If your willing to do a little learning this would be far better...

http://www.avforums.com/forums/networking-nas/1429720-tims-7-24tb-tiddler-unraid-nas.html

Not saying you have to go right up to the 7.2TB but using unRIAD is sooooooo easy! Great community and packages to run SABnzbd, Sickbeard and CouchPotato all on the same machine.

SABnzbd package
SickBeard package
CouchPotato package

I don't mind some learning, but nothing programming related, that's way too advanced! :o

As a quick outline, what would this offer over WHS 2001?

Associate
My Microserver turned up today, I'm chucking ESXi on there with FreeNAS doing my NAS/Sab/Sickbeard/Couchpotato and pfSense doing my routing.

If you have lots of disks, FreeNAS has some nice config tools to consolidate them into one storage volume.

Apologies for pulling up a slightly older thread, but I was wondering how you got on with your Microserver with ESXi and FreeNAS?

I'm contemplating a similar setup on my HP N40L, I have ESXi installed with WHS2011 & Linux but I'm curious to learn about FreeNAS and if it will be of any benefit to me.

Was wondering if you'd be able to describe your setup/findings. I've installed FreeNAS but I'm a bit lost on how to configure it for best results in this set up.

Scott.

Back
Top Bottom