Honeymoon locations...

Associate
Hi chaps,

I'm looking to sort out a honeymoon mid-June and I have no idea where to go. We've both been working hard for the past few years and not had a holiday abroad - so anywhere is on the table really.

Budget isn't massive - around 4K for about 10 nights, maybe a little bit more if it's worth it.

The soon-to-be wife is attracted to shiny things so somewhere quite classy (not over the top, definitely not tacky) would be quite good. We're not too much into the too fancy stuff, somewhere with nice beaches, hot weather and a quiet, relaxed cosy feel to it. Private beach / pool would be a plus, but not a requirement.

Trying not to make it sound to search-enginey, but I would really appreciate any recommendations or advice.

Soldato
Put the money to better use I say. :D

yes, a weekend car!! :)

Carribean is a 9 hour flight, is that too long? Prices are great at the mo, Europe is far too expensive. I was looking at holidays for 2 weeks in greece, but for £200 more each, we're off to cuba!

Egypt? i'm not sure theres many hotels in sharm that would be a proper luxury honeymoon experience

Soldato
We're going to Lake Garda and the Lefay Hotel Spa Resort. It's pretty much the most epic spa in the whole of Europe. New too.

It's about £4k for 7 nights in July. Will probably be slightly cheaper in June.

I costed everything seperately but it was cheaper with Kuoni. They came out the best travelagent and offered far more for the money than the individual booking of everything.

That includes:
Private luxury car transfer from the airport
Choice of outgoing and return flight
Complimentary upgrade to the Exclusive sweet (£8k a week)
Half Board (with daily choice of lunch or dinner)
One free treatment per person
One romantic dinner in the room
and some other stuff

Nice short 2.5 hour flight and a 90min transfer

http://www.lefayresorts.com/eng/resort-spa-garda-lake/

Back
Top Bottom