Funeral Music

G

About a year ago my Nan sadly passed away. During her funeral service they played some of her favorite songs and it got me thinking - what song(s) would you want played at your funeral?

:)

Soldato
"Here Comes Your Man", by Pixies.

Or something by Divine, purely down to fact that it'll get my closest friends thinking: "Divine?! Whoa, maybe I didn't know simisker anywhere near as much as I thought I did! Blimey!". Mischievous? Moi? :D

Oh, I'll be chuckling in my urn over that one.

[note to youngsters: Divine was a fat American drag queen and gay icon, responsible for such travesties as "You think you're a man [but you're only a boy]", amongst others. :D]

[EDIT: oh, alright then, in all seriousness: The traditional Welsh mourning song "Llef", sung by male voice choir [both my parents are involved with local choirs]; and "Mr Carbohydrate" by Manic Street Preachers for when everyone leaves the service, as the lyrics are quite fitting, plus I like the idea of the word '****head' being mentioned in a traditional place of Christian worship...]

Last edited:
Permabanned
Tooooo many
Drugs don't work - Verve
Fade to black - Metallica
Nothing else matters - Metallica
Drive - Incubus
High and dry - Radiohead
For sure - Lost Prophets
Corner of the earth - Jamiroquai
My michelle - Guns n Roses
Falter - Hundred Reasons
Castles made of sand - Jimi Hendrix (possibly Foxy lady :D)
Otherside - RHCP
Under the bridge - RHCP
Fixxxer - Metallica
Until the end of time - 2pac
The icicle melts - Cranberries

and just to remind everyone of my sick humour, as I'm cremated - Burn baby burn. Has to be done

Permabanned
Yus BUT! the only thing I'd want to be at my funeral would be music, otherwise it wuld be all 'oh she was a really good friend...sob...sob....sob.../blowing of noses'. And plus musics the only thing I realllllllllly care about (minus a few people who dont care anyway :rolleyes:) at the moo so I think it'd only be right for my fav songs to be played.

Soldato
Originally posted by Big Kev
Full version of Freebird.:D

I think that's the joint first most requested funeral song of all time (obviously with Stairway To Heaven sharing that spot).

It would be one heck of a song to go out to though!

For me, it'd have to be the theme music to Benny Hill (Yakety Sax?) or MC Hammer: It's Hammer Time! :)

Back
Top Bottom