Cleanliness of students

Permabanned
Student housing/sharing, accommodation etc.

Every time I've gone around a friends house who shares with 3/4 other students, the house is filthy, I mean completely disgusting.

This is slightly scaring me as I may have to attend a uni away from home next year and of course join other students in shared accommodation. However I'm not OCD but I like clean surroundings, not to the point where everything is sterile but clean enough to know I'm not breathing in aerial bacteria that has been festering from dishes or clothes.

Why are the majority of students so dirty? :x

GD, Deliver! :)

Soldato
They are lazy *****

But honestly not all of them are like that, don't worry too much. If you have a problem with anyone's hygiene then contact the person who should be in charge of the accommodations.

Soldato
It seems to be completely hit and miss. Plenty of my friends live in clean houses all the time. Mine however is clean for about 1 week in 4 (if that), but i refuse to be the only one to clean regularly so i just do my own stuff.

Soldato
Why are the majority of students so dirty? :x

Either they're used to their Mum cleaning up after them or there's no one like their Mum to yell at them. You only need to live with one dirty person for it to become a problem. No one wants to be the **** that complains about it but also no one wants to clean up other's mess. You really will have to just get used to it I'm afraid.

Caporegime
if you don't like mess then don't live with messy people.

tis quite common to be in halls for your 1st year so just chose your 2nd year flatmates carefully if you're fussy.

Soldato
Most aren't really that bad, but I guess it depends what your threshold for "bad" actually is.

But ones as bad as you describe are fairly rare to be honest.

Associate
In my first year i stayed in Uni owned accommodation with 5 other students. once a week someone would go around every block checking they aren't a mess. If it was messy they would give a warning and come back and if it's still a mess after the 3rd time a fine, i think. It was all something to do with health and safety. But it all depends on the people really.

Soldato
Most aren't really that bad, but I guess it depends what your threshold for "bad" actually is.

But ones as bad as you describe are fairly rare to be honest.

Pretty much all the student houses I've worked in have been pretty bad.

Being an electrician I've worked in student houses in Sunderland, Durham and Newcastle. Some are just a mess but the kitchens bathrooms are bloody filthy!

Soldato
Its the 'i'm not cleaning someone elses mess' mentality. If you feels someone isn't pulling their weight why would you do their share? Best just to leave it and do the minimum.

Permabanned
OP
Its the 'i'm not cleaning someone elses mess' mentality. If you feels someone isn't pulling their weight why would you do their share? Best just to leave it and do the minimum.

True, but then if that mentality continues, no one does nothing and leads to an even worse state of very poor conditions in the house.

If something wasn't done I'd end up doing but I'd make note and report their hygiene problems to whoever as it's H&S risk.

I myself, cannot be doing with dirty surroundings and I'd hope the majority shared this idea with me. I'd ask if it stems from upbringing but every student is an adult and they need to be responsible as much as the next person for keeping themselves/their shared house clean.

Associate
i clean my house top to bottom once a month because i cant face living there anymore and i cant get anyone else to even wipe the toilet seat

Soldato
Got OCD much? It's only a bit of dirt. I mean you should be having copious amounts of dirty sex with dirty uni girls on the dirty floor. Having pant-rippingly good sex rolling around in cigarette butts and crisps is what uni is about.

Remember: the dirtier the house the dirtier the girls.

Back
Top Bottom