My new pet

Soldato
OP
Hes a royal python, sort as anything, was walking round the shop with him on my arm for about 15 minutes :p My mate has one that is evil as well but she is a female, might be a girl thing :p

Soldato
Any of you beardie owners ever had trouble getting them to eat their greens? i cant get my guy to eat them at all, plus he doesnt want to bask at the minute - fecal test was clear etc..Im totally struggling to see what im either doing wrong or have done wrong.
This week his UV has been replaced by the new T5 system and he has a 75w Arcadia Halogen basking spot, 4x2 viv etc..

Soldato
OP
Any of you beardie owners ever had trouble getting them to eat their greens? i cant get my guy to eat them at all, plus he doesnt want to bask at the minute - fecal test was clear etc..Im totally struggling to see what im either doing wrong or have done wrong.
This week his UV has been replaced by the new T5 system and he has a 75w Arcadia Halogen basking spot, 4x2 viv etc..

Just try different greens mate, or put some meal worms in with its food so he at least gets some if he goes for them

Mine LOVES grapes and blueberries, spring greens are stupidly cheap if you havent tried those, butternut squash is a good one as well :)

What have you tried him with?

Soldato
Hes roughly between 3-4 we think, as hes a rescue the person i got him from didnt know how old he was, but going by his length and facial shape we came to the conclusion of that age...And as for finding greens for him to eat thats not the problem, its actually gettiing him to eat it.

Associate
And now for something completely different

404740_10151217523495220_803040219_22512055_399146787_n.jpg

Associate
what spiders we ggot there then mate? some of your slings look full to busting :p

If the blue see through tub has roaches in, they would be better in something not see-through, they are pretty shy things :p Also, have you got a heat mat on them?

Yea i have been told off on the reptile forums for over feeding :o not used to having a T that actually likes eating (my juvie chili rose goes weeks without feeding lol)

they are :-
Poecilotheria regalis
Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens
Lasiodora parahybana
Cyclosternum fasciatum

I am going to get a new tub for the roaches the blue one was the only one i could find at the time. They havent got a heat mat but are next to an oil filled radiator thats on 24/7

Soldato
OP
Yea i have been told off on the reptile forums for over feeding :o not used to having a T that actually likes eating (my juvie chili rose goes weeks without feeding lol)

they are :-
Poecilotheria regalis
Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens
Lasiodora parahybana
Cyclosternum fasciatum

I am going to get a new tub for the roaches the blue one was the only one i could find at the time. They havent got a heat mat but are next to an oil filled radiator thats on 24/7

Nice :)

Yeah non-see through tub + heat + food = lots of roaches :D I bought 100 egg cartons from eBay the other day as well >< even my pets food gets looked after well :p

Man of Honour

I keep mine in a clear tub, they don't seem bothered. They will LOVE the oil filled rad, that's what I have mine next to. I had to turn it down because I was getting overloaded with the damn things.

Back
Top Bottom