** Official World of Warcraft: Cataclysm Thread **

Associate
K no worries mate.

Ogame is a space browser RTS, I used to be on the council of a large alliance there, I'm sure one of our biggest players was called 'bigpig', just wondering if it was you .

Soldato
The 64bit client is available, apparently it can give you a few more fps.

Probably bs, but might give it a try later or tomorrow.

It's gave me quite a bit more FPS... from 110 to 130 or so :p
On a serious note, it has gotten rid of the slight hitching I would have in Orgrimmar every now and then. It seems a lot more consistent. It's probably a placebo but it doesn't hurt to try the .exe.

Be warned that it forced me to download another 15GB even after optimizations to the files.

Associate
I Take it back........

I didnt like the game at first and to be honest was getting a bit peed off with pointless tasks. Now i know what is going on "to a degree" im starting to enjoy it more. My cuson who is running around with me is helping me lvl up. im now level 8 on the Sylvanas server "allience"

The sheer size of the game is just breathtaking.. Im currently playing it on my 13" i3 work laptop lol I have a top spec system at home with 24" screen, i cant wait to get on that. I'm actually looking forward to playing tomorrow haha

Soldato
I Take it back........

I didnt like the game at first and to be honest was getting a bit peed off with pointless tasks. Now i know what is going on "to a degree" im starting to enjoy it more. My cuson who is running around with me is helping me lvl up. im now level 8 on the Sylvanas server "allience"

The sheer size of the game is just breathtaking.. Im currently playing it on my 13" i3 work laptop lol I have a top spec system at home with 24" screen, i cant wait to get on that. I'm actually looking forward to playing tomorrow haha

What I find about wow it keeps pulling you back. Am itching to get back playing tbh, but there quite a few console games I want to get though first.
Was playing TOR but going a leave that for a few months.

Associate
What I find about wow it keeps pulling you back. Am itching to get back playing tbh, but there quite a few console games I want to get though first.
Was playing TOR but going a leave that for a few months.
Same with me. The more I play TOR, the more I want to play WoW, so I'm thinking of heading back.

Is the Bans Hammer guild on DB for any OCuk members? And is it all fairly new, or are you all 85 already? I wouldn't mind completely starting afresh, as I didn't really experience a lot of the revamped old world content when I first got Cata. If there's one thing in WoW that doesn't seem to ever bore me, it's levelling in the old world. I love pretty much every zone.

Associate
Can Anyone recommend what are the best graphics settings for playing on ultra?

I've just cancelled my ToR subscription and am coming back to WoW. Started a fresh char on a new server. Only done a few levels but already feeling the old magic.

Anyway, I'm playing on a new rig and I haven't changed any of the graphics settings apart from sliding the bar across to ultra. Seems to be running sweet just stays at 59-60fps the whole time but I am only in the starting area and its ibvioudly limitted to 60fps as vertical sync is enabled by default. I've got 2500k oc'd to 4.5ghz, a 560ti and 8 gigs of ram.

Soldato
Can Anyone recommend what are the best graphics settings for playing on ultra?

I've just cancelled my ToR subscription and am coming back to WoW. Started a fresh char on a new server. Only done a few levels but already feeling the old magic.

Anyway, I'm playing on a new rig and I haven't changed any of the graphics settings apart from sliding the bar across to ultra. Seems to be running sweet just stays at 59-60fps the whole time but I am only in the starting area and its ibvioudly limitted to 60fps as vertical sync is enabled by default. I've got 2500k oc'd to 4.5ghz, a 560ti and 8 gigs of ram.

Everything at max, then turn shadows to good or high depending how smooth it is

Shadows really kill WoW's FPS

Back
Top Bottom