**The Official Everything MMA Related Thread**

tbh

tbh

Associate
Disappointing event to be honest; with the exception of the Brazilian event MMA has sucked so far in 2012.

Soldato
All Condit did for five rounds was run, pick his strikes and move again. Diaz just couldn't comprehend what to do with that. One trick pony much.

lol Diaz after the fight.

Only a mug would stand and get hit. Condit looked great with some wonderful shots and kicks.

Diaz dint know what to do apart from talk trash. He should take a look at his face to see who landed the harder shots :rolleyes:

Is Big country the modern day rocky?

Associate
Lol going over to rogan boards in a second to watch all the diaz lovers condemming condit. diaz wants people to stand in front of him whilst he unloads on them ( penn ) condit fought the smarter fight. am made up he won, diaz retire? i dont think so as he knows if he does he is gonna be back to sitting on his porch drinking 40's telling anyone who will listen how he was a contender.

Soldato
Smart fight fought by Condit :) a lot of nice techniques used, Diaz maybe should have a backup plan next time :D not everyone will stand and trade. (retire? lol money!!!)

I'd have prefered GSP vs Diaz because George want to crush him so much!
Condit had better start training with some MW wrestlers TODAY!

Kind of a dull card, looked great on paper.

Associate
i had diaz rounds 2 and 5. condit 3 and 4. round 1 was close. could have gone either way

think condit might have to change his nickname though (jk)

Associate
wow some strong opinions by some mma names.

28a7of6.gif

not sure if the scorecard is legit but if it is dont know how two judges gave round 5 to condit and how the same two gave round 3 to diaz. in fact surely its a fake

photo_large_JPG.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
The running was infuriating at times but it was a gameplan that Diaz couldn't handle.

Fight metric has Condit winning and to look at Diaz's face and leg and I'll agree Condit wins.

Agree on the name change though ;)

Associate
He only ran when he had his back against the cage.. whats wrong with that?
People moaning at the running back to the center of the cage sound as stupid as saying people shouldnt get back to their feet when they get taken down!
Its a position reset who cares! If Diaz is such a good fighter he should have beat condit with something other than walking forward and punching!

Soldato
OP
Condit took it, he had an excellent game plan and he put it into action perfectly.

It kind of showed Diaz's supposed amazing MMA boxing is not really as good as people thought, he is good at unloading on tired people who are stuck against the cage as he is relentless, but it showed he has no great offence when he can't catch people on the cage.

Nick at the end was just talking rubbish, sour grapes much. Not everyone is stupid enough to stand and trade, there is more to the fight game than that.

He has fallen so in love with his hands he has forgotten this is MMA, and the one time he actually mixed in some ground work he was getting the better of Condit, if he had implemented some more of that throughout the fight it could have been a different outcome.

Associate
i wanted to see diaz vs gsp, but a big fan of carlos.

after round 3 i said to myself, glad im not judging this.

if the fight didnt have rounds, then diaz would prob never lose, but just walking forward absorbing shots, doesnt win you the fight.

condit came in with an awesome game plan, loads of people saying blah blah running running. if you stand with diaz on the fence your gona lose, i cant think of any one who goes to the body and the head like diaz does when people are against the cage, and if you stand there and take it your going to lose.

so for all these idiots complaining about running, would you stand there and take punches ? or would you circle off and try reset. i think some people just want to see 2 guys put 1 arm around each others head, and use there other to punch each other in the face.

and just as i was starting to like the diaz brothers a lot more, they showed me why i didnt like him. when condit was talkin to joe, they were standing behind him making gestures that they won, and then in his interview saying about the judging.
and i know diaz is one of those guys were if hes not finished, he thinks didnt lose. but still think it was disrespectful. and the crowd didn't help much iver.

anyways rant over had it 3to2 but if diaz had won, i wouldn't of complained, very close fight and hard to judge.

as for the rest of the card, was a good night of fights, Thompson looked really good, would like to see him back ASAP.
Matt riddle was a good fight,

alex caceres has looked awesome in his last 2/3, looked good today just a pitty he was so much taller, although i dont train BJJ, it seems to me like a height advantage like that, can be a disadvantage due to how high up you are and not right behind the person to to speak. sucks he lost 2 points, but after his 1st warning, he should have stopped throwing inside leg kicks, so its his own fault.

poirier looked good but holloway clearly needs to spend a lot of time on his ground game.

Herman, starks was entertaining as well.
barao didnt impress me as much as i expected since people call him the 135 aldo, but jorgensen is one tough guy so maybe more down to his heart and toughness.

koscheck vs pierce wasnt the most entertaining, but not all fights are soo.

Nelson vs werdum, now ive seen werdums last 6 that i can remember, and hes never really impressed me, but last night he really did impress me, would like to see him fight Mir next, as for nelson that dude can take a shot but he has kinda turned into a gate keeper, but i do and i think a lot of others enjoy watching him fight so im sure he will be back.

essay done ^

Soldato
At 1st when I watched the diaz/condit fight.... I thought condits lost this he did strike and move but its kinda hard to say he didn't run away and really fight but thinking about it Condit will get a lot of stick for that fight and more so cos he made diaz leave mma/ufc...

I guess people wanted to see a real fight, instead we saw condit strike and move and use a gameplan that diaz had no answer for, defiantly not the natural born killer were custom to.

Condits the 1st guy to not play diaz game-plan, and he won it smartly not his best fight but he gets GSP and I hate to say this GSP may just kill Condit. I doubt he can kick and move against gsp.... not when gsp will wrestle him and 5 round lay n pray him till victory.

Will be interesting to read the conference and what gsp/dana thoughts... on who one.

Josh koshcheck vs Pierce, very close fight.... but kosh has much better mma wrestling and he only need 2 take downs to win it... I thought pierce landed the better strikes and agression but since he couldnt get the take downs it cost him.

We have 2 weeks break till the next ufc phew....

Associate
wow some strong opinions by some mma names.

Thats very dissapointing to see. Definitely thought Condit took that fight, he faught very smart. Do those guys just want to see Condit pinned to the fence taking combo's? Doesn't make sense.

Laughed really hard at how butthurt Diaz was at the end though, was so funny.

Soldato
I think theres a lot of diaz fans out there and they all hoped he won it, no doubt dana white and gsp wanted diaz also. Its like going into a shop and picking up a pair of Nike trainers but getting home and opening the bag to discover there puma trainers....

Diaz loss just makes him out to be less invincible, and that happens when someones been winning for so many years, what a true champion does is learn from it and come back to win.....

how many champs have had to do that many times :)

Anyhow I hope nick diaz does not retire... but works on defending, or adapting his unique style and mixing it up he has all the tools to win but just was not able to get close to set anything up and hopefully although I doubt it condit agrees for a rematch, both will no doubt get anderson silva/gsp type money for it anyhow and it would keep diaz in the game.

Back
Top Bottom