What are Tesco like for valentines flowers ??

Associate
Hi all

Im not sure if i should order flowers online and take the risk of them being as advertised or arriving beaten or to buy from my local tesco.

Im working mornings 6am on valentines day and woundering if the flowers will be on display at say 5am in the morning as i would like to get the pick of the bunch so to speak :)

Have turned up in the past but was during the afternoon and they did'nt seem to have much left.

so my questions being:

• Are Valentines flowers good at tesco (visualy and price wise)
  • Will they be on display at 5am valentines morning

Associate
Buy the flowers the day before and give to the one you love. Tell them you just couldnt wait any longer and then enjoy the sex....

Associate
OP
I intend on buying the expensive range not the blue and white stripe value range :D

Tesco are in partner with Interflowra online i beleive so would be something similar offered instore i would think?

or should i just buy a dozen bags of flour instead ? :D

Soldato
I intend on buying the expensive range not the blue and white stripe value range :D

Tesco are in partner with Interflowra online i beleive so would be something similar offered instore i would think?

or should i just buy a dozen bags of flour instead ? :D

Red Dwarf reference?

Soldato
Florist mate of mine, she says supermarket flowers are very good nowadays and at the kind of prices that are slowly putting her out of work.

Make of that what you will, there are a few outcomes you can choose from.

Soldato
1) Inform your misses that you will be cellebrating Valentines day on 15th February
2) Buy 75% reduced flowers the day after the 14th
3) Profit

Buying supermarket flowers for valentines day is an utter rip off. Wait one day to celebrate this commercial gimiky love fest

Associate
OP
I do have to agree with it being to commercial these days, same as everything eles to :( .

Much rather give flowers as a surprise than as to expect them on certain day of the year as takes the meaning out of giving them I think.

Soldato
Go to your local florist, have a good chat with her / him and get something nice, it doesn't have to be expensive, just tell them what you're willing to spend. Supermarket flowers aren't bad, but for your significant other push the boat out :). The difference between a decent bunch from your florist and a tesco dyed and scented bunch is quite a lot in my view.

I have this dire vision of the future when shops won't exist as we know, each town will just have a couple of supermarkets resulting in little choice, variation and creativity. Support your local independents!

I do have to agree with it being to commercial these days, same as everything eles to :( .

Much rather give flowers as a surprise than as to expect them on certain day of the year as takes the meaning out of giving them I think.

Yeah this is what I do, no occasion just a random bunch a couple of times a year. "Why?" she asks, "no reason, just thought of how much I love you". Reap in the brownie points :D.

Soldato
From being on the receiving end of them on a few occasions I would say don't bother. They have always shown up looking battered/half dead and die within a day or two.

Just to add actually, I have had normal tesco flowers before and they have been in a suitable box but the valentine ones seem to be squished into a tiny box hence why they have always looked a bit drab

If you love her buy a single rose if you're not quite there yet buy her pink roses :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom