**The Official Everything MMA Related Thread**

Soldato
I think Gsp will dominate either of them.

Carlos has an interesting skillset and if he keeps it standing it'll be a nicer fight but Gsp will get him down and will smother him on the ground.

Condit go talk to Bisping about getting up after a takedown :D

Associate
25 minutes of hit and run, pathetic

Why can't you accept the fact Condit had a fantastic gameplan?

The only thing pathetic about that fight, is the amount of people who think that Condit should have just let himself be pinned against the fence and take a flurry from Diaz time after time.

Soldato
Danas up for it only cos hes read all the screams and shouts from the fans about a rematch....

But as he said its up to condit

If Condit really is a true champ he would agree to it, u gotta go down that route of the frankie edgar did. But I am not sure he would agree but is he willing to wait till this fall to face GSP and only have 2 fights for 2012?

guy should accept it and bring diaz back from retirement and they both get 200k+, its not the millions range but its still amazing and a heck of a lot more then what either were getting before:)

Caporegime
Danas up for it only cos hes read all the screams and shouts from the fans about a rematch....

But as he said its up to condit

If Condit really is a true champ he would agree to it, u gotta go down that route of the frankie edgar did. But I am not sure he would agree but is he willing to wait till this fall to face GSP and only have 2 fights for 2012?

guy should accept it and bring diaz back from retirement and they both get 200k+, its not the millions range but its still amazing and a heck of a lot more then what either were getting before:)

Diaz made 200K for that fight :eek:

Soldato
Why can't you accept the fact Condit had a fantastic gameplan?

The only thing pathetic about that fight, is the amount of people who think that Condit should have just let himself be pinned against the fence and take a flurry from Diaz time after time.

It was a great gameplan, it won him the fight.

It was also complete **** to watch, about as enjoyable as banging nails into my testicles. I'm not complaining because Condit didn't stand toe to toe with Diaz, I'm complaining because he spent three weeks saying how he was going to break Nick Diaz and then spent 25 minutes running away throwing leg kicks.

Associate

It was also complete **** to watch, about as enjoyable as banging nails into my testicles. I'm not complaining because Condit didn't stand toe to toe with Diaz, I'm complaining because he spent three weeks saying how he was going to break Nick Diaz and then spent 25 minutes running away throwing leg kicks.

Of course condit said in pre fight hype he was going to break diaz.
Gsp doesnt say in pre fight interviews 'im just going to take him down every round and if i cant finish him then ill just win on points' does he!!

Who landed more strikes? CONDIT.
I don't care which way the fighter is moving, if he landed more strikes, he landed more strikes.

Diaz is the one who made the fight boring by DOING THE EXACT SAME THING HE DOES IN ALL HIS FIGHTS!

If he was annoyed that condit was running (aka - avoiding his punches) then he should have taken him to the ground, or executed something other than plodding forward and throwing punches!

Don't moan at condit for having a fight against diaz go to decision and be judged by points...
Moan at diaz for not being able to win a fight against someone who had the simple idea of not getting backed up against the cage!

The reason it was a boring fight is because Diaz couldnt adapt in-fight. FACT.

Soldato
no updates yet on the rematch... think gotta give it a bit of time to let the heat die down and am sure the heat is 10x on diaz it maybe weeks or months before he even picks up the ufc phone.

If Diaz is really interested in being a champion he has to proove it to us again, if nothing then I guess we assume he really was just wanting the payslip from the GSP fight like he mentioned its about the "money"

Guy must have so much money to retire on anyhow.

Either way Condit vs GSP will be one interesting perhaps boring fight... it could just be a gameplan to stop GSP which looks and feels impossible :) I would still not discount condit at all he may flick that natural born killer switch.

Soldato
Am I the only one that dint think the fight was boring lol?

I quite enjoyed Condit evading Diaz and him resorting to mouthing. Condit even had the nerve to throw a lot of spinning back fists and head kicks to rub salt in the wounds :D

Associate
I hate this immediate rematch thing the UFC have had for a while now. It may have been a close fight but Condit won, he landed more strikes and done enough to win the fight.

Don’t let the UFC kid you that the rematch is for the benefit of the fans, it’s so they have another fight to hype up only this time they have a better back story to use when hyping it.

Give more people the chance at the big fights, don’t only do rematches so you have a back story to hype. This is a sport and granting people immediate rematches all the time is getting boring and predictable.

Associate

Please, if your going to come up with such drivel, stop posting. If you seriously believe not getting pinned against the fence and resetting to the middle of the octagon is 'running away' then i seriously do not know what to tell you.

Am I the only one that dint think the fight was boring lol?

I quite enjoyed Condit evading Diaz and him resorting to mouthing. Condit even had the nerve to throw a lot of spinning back fists and head kicks to rub salt in the wounds :D

I thought it was brilliant. Somebody finally showed that a good techincal fight can beat a very one dimensional Diaz.

Soldato
OP
I hate this immediate rematch thing the UFC have had for a while now. It may have been a close fight but Condit won, he landed more strikes and done enough to win the fight.

Don’t let the UFC kid you that the rematch is for the benefit of the fans, it’s so they have another fight to hype up only this time they have a better back story to use when hyping it.

Give more people the chance at the big fights, don’t only do rematches so you have a back story to hype. This is a sport and granting people immediate rematches all the time is getting boring and predictable.

The only reason they are doing it, is because they want Diaz Vs GSP, it will make a load more money than Condit vs GSP. GSP has said he doesn't like Diaz and wants to smash him, and GSP rarely says anything like this and I don't think he has ever disliked an opponent.

It's all to do with money, Condit just threw a spanner in the works by beating Diaz.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom