ZTE Blade Gen 1 (Orange) best latest ROM?

Associate
ZTE Blade Gen 1 (Orange) best latest ROM?
I have just downloaded the gsf-blade-r4.zip (GingerSFr4-Gen1) android 2.3.5
only around 60MB
This takes around 1 minute to boot which I suppose - in my ignorance is acceptable?
using Clockwork 2.5.09 - I have long forgotten how I put this on.
Is there a better ROM out there?
Many thanks

Last edited:
Associate
CM7 is great but you will either need to run an older (Gen 1 based) CM, upgrade to Gen 2 for the latest CM7 versions, or use the 'converter' to make CM7 work on a Gen 1 Blade.

Associate
Back when I had this phone I'm sure I changed it from G1 to G2 software with something from the XDA site which allowed me to flash Gen 2 roms on it. My 2 year old has it now and she loves Talking Tom and all the others which i've installed on there for her.

Associate
CM7 has been the best on my blade, followed by the old jap jelly 9

Ancient ROM, Swedish Snow RLS3 is the smoothest ROM by far.Much better than CM7 for Blade.
Great battery life and fluid, you can get GEN1 versions for it but I would do the TPT which converts it to GEN2, changes partition and installs the ROM for you in one go.

Also your clockworkrecovery mod is severely out dated, get ROM Manager of Android Market and flash the latest. Again flashing the TPT will automatically do this for you, so IMO that is your best option. Look on Modaco.com, its better than XDA as far as the ZTE Blade is concerned.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Many thanks for the inputs. I have downloaded Swedish Snow RLS 4 which I appear to have installed - more by accident than design - Also Iit has updated Clockwork to 4.0.1.5
Only problem now is to get my voip application from Android Market As I have already downloaded this once to the previous Rom (since wiped) it does not appear to allow another download - this goes for Skype too.
The best place for the Swedish (at present) appears to be here as the links are working:
http://www.swedroid.se/forum/showthread.php?t=63784

Back
Top Bottom