Move away from DPD, they're dragging you down

Man of Honour
The thing with couriers like this is that the issues tend to be localised. A bad courier company in Manchester may be awesome in Leicester, for example.

For this reason, saying "This courier are the WORST" doesn't mean a lot. Sure they're bad for you, but for me they're great :D

Contact DPD in the first instance and kick up a massive fuss. No company likes complaints! If it keeps happening then get in touch with the guys at the shop, they'll sort you out.

Associate
Until recently I swore by DPD. They had always been the best out of the bunch. Then i ordered another video card a couple of weeks ago and arranged the day off work to receive it. Delivery day came and i checked the tracking, it said the package was out for delivery so i chilled out and waited. At 16.52pm the tracking was updated to say "No Access to address". This was peculiar as my address could not be more accesible. When I took this up with DPD they tried every lie under the sun to fob me off. Basically the delivery driver couldnt be arsed to deliver it at nearly 5pm. So the next day, i took another day off to receive the "re-delivery" as my neighbors are not the sort you would want to look after a £400 gfx card. By 4pm nothing had arrived. I called DPD to get the number for my local depot. When i spoke to them they could not have cared less. Only because of the level of harrasment i gave them did they cave in and delivered the package 2 hours later.

Up to then, they had been great. After this, I wouldnt touch them again and would seriously consider competitors in future as parcel force seem to get it right more often thesedays.

Permabanned
Used a few different couriers but dpd are by far the best.I have had a few problems with other couriers but dpd always deliver on time and i have had well over a dozen delivery's from ocuk in the last few months.I'm on first name terms with the driver :)

Associate
I have a dpd depot 3 miles from my house but my parcels go to the Glasgow branch which is 45 minutes away because of my post code which ****es me off. good service though.
dx are the worst company ever i would rather drive to overclockers from edinburgh than use them again

Associate
Never had any trouble with DPD in Leeds. They even delivered in the snow last year.

They're my favourite because they actually give a timeslot for each delivery, which means you don't have to sit about like a lemon all day like with other delivery services.

Associate
i agree with the op ,DPD where i live have never managed to deliver a parcel to me on time or not,
most have come from the rain forest company and every time they us DPD they haveto send a new one out .it go's to the wrong address ,
yes the other couriers may not be good or on time put they do turn up .
yodel HDNL,ups,and royal mail all find my house and next day ,unless its royal mail its next day or day after ?(never worked that one out) 24hrs or 48hrs with them but i do yet it .
when i ring DPD ,no twitter them they ring me ,they always say they cannot find it and always ring back to say the label is damaged and they have to print a new one and it will turn up the next day ,
until companys stop using these cowboys as there main courier i will not use them ,
yes but i use the rain forest you say thier is a note on my account not to send stuff by DPD and the last few items have been by royal mail and HDNL/yodel
so please stop using them cowboys

Soldato
Human error again!

No matter how good a system is humans will always fluff it up lol.
So far, touch wood DPD have been great for us BUT that is down to the bloke who delivers here. He is polite, good at time keeping or planning and is just reliable. Then compare that to DHL or Citylink who crush your stuff or god forbid Parcelforce24 arghhh! They lost one of my parcels and it turned up accross the city hidden somewhere that wasnt even a post office anymore, then failed to even bother to tell me so two weeks down the line im shouting at the seller when it was not their fault :rolleyes:

Associate
Never had an issue with DPD personally, always on time and have never experienced a lost or late parcel.

IMO couriers are much like the weather, varies depending on where you are, though maybe not the best phrase to use since in the UK it doesnt matter where you are, the weather is rubbish all over :p

V F

V F

Soldato
Im sure we all have something bad to say about every delivery company.. so its not like theres one that stands out..

Are you sure? it was all over the web/tv and radio. Not that I'm implying FedEx is bad.

Think this is related to it, since it was a few days after.

Last edited:
Soldato
I have had no problems with DPD either.
In fact it's great to be able to look on their website and get given an approx time when your parcel will be delivered.

Back
Top Bottom