Steelseries SimRaceway SRW-S1 Steering Wheel (Pic heavy)

Permabanned
Will keep an eye on this, longterm reviews and such as I'm not wanting one now, but this could be great for the reasons given above. Thanks.

Soldato
OP
Well, discovered that Amazon will be selling these on the 27th - http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B006IR6NH8

I will put up a review shortly after.

The reason for holding out for the Amazon release is their returns service is excellent unlike the Steelseries shop which is unknown and also I get free next day Amazon delivery.

Worst case scenario, it is pap, and I send it back to Amazon.

Soldato
i dont think id bother with this, if its anything like playing mario kart on the wii with that wheel that is.
i personally think you should stick with what you have :p
but good luck to you for trying it out if you do!

Caporegime
horrible and i'd imagine its as poor as playing a racing game on a mobile phone , you know the ones where you tilt the phone to steer

its basicly a wiimote with exta buttons :S

imo you need to feel the weight of the wheel and the resistance pushing against you

Associate
looks horrible

I disagree, it looks good as a wheel but the idea of hand holding with no FFB is the off putting bit.

Just read elsewhere on the web that an optional base is on the way. The 3 mounting holes are on the back of the wheel. So that corrects one of the drawbacks.

And there are a number of reviews now on the web and they seem to like the wheel a lot. Plays well with F1 2011 apparently.

Soldato
Hi, has anyone bought one of these yet as I would be really interested in your feedback.

Basically I have Cerebral Palsy and I cant really use 99% of wheels that are available to buy as I cant use the pedals. Ive tried joysticks but they haven't enough movement in them and this causes the steering to be very sensitive. Ive also tried wheels with pedals but just used the shift buttons on the wheel for accel and brake, but that isnt any good as the buttons are digital.

A few months ago I thought maybe a flight yoke stick maybe good as I could use push and pull for accel and brake. But then today I came across this wheel, and it might be just right for me, accept the only thing that's holding me back from buying it, is that it isnt fixed to anything and my arms might get tired quickly?

Back
Top Bottom