Kentucky Fried Chicken and world hunger.

Soldato
I am completely sincere.

You are starving... water is scarce. There is a Drought. What do you do?

Of course, you have 5 children, so you can watch them starve too. NICE ONE.

Its digustingly selfish of these people to even consider becoming pregnant and bringing children into a world of suffering and death.

From what I can gather, most of them actively refuse the contraception being given out by the aid workers.

In that instance, how can I be expected to be sympathetic, when they brought it upon themselves?
lol

Soldato
I am completely sincere.

You are starving... water is scarce. There is a Drought. What do you do?

Of course, you have 5 children, so you can watch them starve too. NICE ONE.

Its digustingly selfish of these people to even consider becoming pregnant and bringing children into a world of suffering and death.

From what I can gather, most of them actively refuse the contraception being given out by the aid workers.

In that instance, how can I be expected to be sympathetic, when they brought it upon themselves?

they dont starve all the time you know... normally they are jsut poor... its only in exceptional times that there is real famine (rather than jsut poverty).

I think it is very ignorant for someone with so much to try and understand people who have nothing....

Soldato
I'm not really sure how you can claim KFC is doing a bit of a song and dance about this?
I had to search through all their pages until I found something about it.

Whether you think its a bit of PR or not, companies couldn't do this unless they are successful, in which case no charities or needy people would be getting anything.

Permabanned
Well can we really say all of our "help" and aid has worked?

I dont think we can. We cannot even guarantee any money ever reaches people who need it, when it probably gets sucked in by a corrupt government and used on weapons.

I think Africa needs to be left alone, to develop in its own way, and that includes us leaving the minerals and oil too, as what some of the large western companies do to the landscape and the people is disgusting.

However, that still doesnt mean I should have any sympathy or empathy for people who bring babies into a starving world when they know full well they cannot feed them, clothe them, or even look after them properly.

Soldato
However, that still doesnt mean I should have any sympathy or empathy for people who bring babies into a starving world when they know full well they cannot feed them, clothe them, or even look after them properly.
So, you don't have empathy for the people who bring in the babies/children who then starve to death.

Ok, do you have empathy for the children/babies who didn't choose to be born into that situation?.

Do you have empathy for any child that's abused in any way at all?.

You have to be trolling, nobody is this stupid.

Soldato
OP
I'm not really sure how you can claim KFC is doing a bit of a song and dance about this?
I had to search through all their pages until I found something about it.

Whether you think its a bit of PR or not, companies couldn't do this unless they are successful, in which case no charities or needy people would be getting anything.

Its their homepage when i logged in.

Permabanned
One thing you might need to know is that not all Africans have access to contraception.

yes they do, theres no contraception better than not doing it is there, i mean if i couldnt look after kids and couldnt use contraception id not take the chance

expecting other people to sort it out is a joke

i point blank refuse to donate to any chairty that goes in this direction

Whilst i do honestly agree that in this world nobody deserves a better way of life than anybody else i also do not believe that these people are that stupid to think it should be put upon the rest of the world to sort it out

Permabanned
The access doesnt seem to matter. Its their religious ignorance meaning they refuse to use it.

Agree with this.

In the UK if people have children that they cant fund.. its down to the taxpayer to 'pay' for them via benefits. Now look at the furore that causes in the press, public even in private discussions im sure 90% of this forum bemoan single mums, chav mums, ***** families.. whatever you call them for having kids that they cant support financially.

YET.. in Africa we are supposed to feel sorry for them, when 1) as above they refuse to use contraception due to religous ignorance and 2) they are no where near able to support children on their own, especially in the numbers they have them.

In the UK we are supposed to be responsible and those not seen being so are scalded for it.

In Africa, do what you want as the jolly old 'PC' brigade from England will be here to help looking to get their 'done something for society badge' by giving a few quid to Lenny Henry. These are the same idiots that walk around with a red nose thinking yeah im great by donating a fiver to the Africans, whilst at the same time walking past a post office and turning their nose up on people with a buggy assuming that they are nicking their 'taxes'.

Heaven forbid that someone actually takes a stand against Africa, its useless population (not all) and its absolute need for us to fund it to prevent all these 'world disasters'

Soldato
OP
why is it?

Because they are a far bigger drain on our finances than starving africans having kids.

Africans having babies are not doing it to get anything, they either want to have the kids or roll with the punches they get but they still know the world they are bringing them into, people having kids so they dont have to work just so they can get free things is abhorrent.

Man of Honour
I would say its far more morally reprehensible to have kids in the uk and expect other people to supply money to raise them than starving Africans having children.

It's actually boggling my mind that some users are questioning this statement.

The UK has the infrastructure, stable government, welfare, environment, education, law and order and democracy to unsure that people are able to make the best of their lives. This is not true for many African countries.

Soldato
A friend of mine did almost a year out in africa with a medical team giving vaccinations for free to children. They were also tasked with distributing and giving instruction how to use condoms in her own words "Every instruction possible without putting it on for them" but they would flat out refuse to use them to the point where they would become violent!

You can call posters trolls and castigate as much as you like but a lot of what they are saying is true.

Back
Top Bottom