********** The all new "Official" iPhone 4S thread - Keep all the iPhone 4S stuff in here **********

Soldato
Don't think it would use different pins on the dock connector to charge when off when compared to on but I would check for dirt etc there, clean with a cotton bud etc.

Have heard people getting "This accessory is not compatible" messages when dirt is bridging pins in there before.

Associate
Does anyone have any experience selling an iphone on ebay?

I'm worried to death about someone doing a chargeback and then being £600 out of pocket.

If it's posted special delivery to a registered address will I be covered?

Soldato
Does anyone have any experience selling an iphone on ebay?

I'm worried to death about someone doing a chargeback and then being £600 out of pocket.

If it's posted special delivery to a registered address will I be covered?
Remember the ebay/paypal fee will be like £80 at that price I think? They took £22 on ebay for my iPad and then £8 for paypal (£230 + £10 postge)

Well if you've got proof of postage and proof that it's been delivered they shouldn't have a come back I wouldn't have thought. Never quite sure what address is meant to be used. (When I sold my iPad the paypal email gave me one address, but an ebay one gave me another; paypal one was clearly a work address and he wanted it delivered at home)

Soldato
Hi fellas,
Can someone just clear something up for me.

I am looking at getting some speakers for my dad to play his music from his iPhone to the speakers wirelessly.

Now for this do i need a set of AirPlay speakers? or can i buy bluetooth speakers and the iPhone can connect to them?

Thanks

Caporegime
Has anyone here got a Gelaskin case?

Tempted to get one of those custom ones and they look to me like they barely make the iphone barely anymore bulkier?

Soldato
Finally give in... Was getting pretty sick of android+htc desire and always looking at the misses 3gs which i bought her for xmas ran to Tesco and grabbed the 4s on a 12 month contract.

My first iphone since the first 2g one :)

Soldato
just got one of these two days ago.. i barely use it and the battery life is terrible lol.

any idea if ios 5.1 will fix the battery issue? and is it being released on 9th march? not looking forward to charging the phone every friday and saturday afternoons before going out on the **** lol... :p

Soldato
just got one of these two days ago.. i barely use it and the battery life is terrible lol.

any idea if ios 5.1 will fix the battery issue? and is it being released on 9th march? not looking forward to charging the phone every friday and saturday afternoons before going out on the **** lol... :p

If 5.1 doesn't fix the battery then i'm 110% selling it and getting a Nexus, simply unacceptable.

March 9th couldn't come any sooner if this date is confirmed.

Soldato
If 5.1 doesn't fix the battery then i'm 110% selling it and getting a Nexus, simply unacceptable.

March 9th couldn't come any sooner if this date is confirmed.

ive read about this update... its in beta 3 right? apparently they havent ironed out the bug yet.... but might do in the next beta or release?

cannot wait for this update. hope it wont be a pay for update though... knowing apple it might be? :/

Soldato
Some have been cropped (either with in-phone editing, or by 'zooming' in (which really is just a crop)
Probably just zooming in I guess then, thanks.

ive read about this update... its in beta 3 right? apparently they havent ironed out the bug yet.... but might do in the next beta or release?

cannot wait for this update. hope it wont be a pay for update though... knowing apple it might be? :/
I can only remember 1 update which Apple charged for, was 3.0, according to Wikipedia 2.0 was a paid update as well.

Soldato
fair enough.. i just cannot wait for this update. but tbh... im not sure if im getting good life or not. so i took a screeny.

what do you guys think?

WLlan.png

Soldato
Good in my opinion, if the usage is accurate. I've stopped even worrying about my battery now; my iPhone doesn't even have much on it at the moment, slowly installing apps back.

73% 3 hours 14 usage (rogue) and 6 hours 10 standby.. After a replacement phone then a replacement battery I am just dealing with it, shutting down apps as well to save battery. If I'm out of the house I'll either be on a computer so I can charge it, or have my battery pack on me. As much as I would like the battery life improved, now that the jailbreak is out, JB>battery life for me.

Associate
I got the 4s on monday after my contract ran out i thought why not. And i was wondering if there was some issue with the battery life. Seems like there is some issues lol.

Charged my phone up last night to 100% and its down to 85%, and its been 7hours 25 mins on standby and usage. Turned everything off. I will wait a bit to see whats going on with it.

Soldato
Just got back from the Apple shop at meadowhall. As always the guy their was very helpful. Did diagnostics and said that I was averaging 14 hours on a full cycle which he said wasn't good enough so gave me a replacement and I was on my way.

Soldato
My 4s battery life isn't too bad. I'd have to use it loads for it not to last from morning to night. Having owned a 3GS for 2 years I'd say my 4s battery lasts about 20% longer although it might be less than that due to the 3GS being 2 years old when I sold it and the 4S is still new. I had similar battery issues with the 3GS on occasion where the usage would almost match the standby time but it was always down to a rogue app. It's probably fixed now but e-buddy used to do this to my battery. I suspected that app, stopped using it, stopped having battery issues, comepletely forgot about it, used the app again ~6 months later and the problem came back instantly.

Soldato
My 4s battery life isn't too bad. I'd have to use it loads for it not to last from morning to night. Having owned a 3GS for 2 years I'd say my 4s battery lasts about 20% longer although it might be less than that due to the 3GS being 2 years old when I sold it and the 4S is still new. I had similar battery issues with the 3GS on occasion where the usage would almost match the standby time but it was always down to a rogue app. It's probably fixed now but e-buddy used to do this to my battery. I suspected that app, stopped using it, stopped having battery issues, comepletely forgot about it, used the app again ~6 months later and the problem came back instantly.

All messenger type (skype, facebook chat, etc) apps drain the battery on iOS and Android as they force the phone to stay awake and also keep the data connection open.

Back
Top Bottom