Call of DutyModern Warfare3 - Free Weekend Coming, Pre-load Now!

V_R

V_R

Soldato
its not as bad as people make out majority of people whining haven't even played it mp.
I played MP, actually really wanted to like it because, as i said, i was a huge CoD fan. Sadly it was horrid, Killstreaks every couple of seconds etc.... That to me was boring...

Black ops was horridly unplayable :p the game hitched/lagged every time you tried to do something.
Not for me it didn't....

Man of Honour
You were one of the lucky ones then, I don't know a single person out of my normal FPS gaming group on steam that wasn't affected by it.

Soldato
black ops was and still runs great for me and is 100x better game than mw3

MW3 graphics are awful how people run and move death animations its a step backwards in so many ways

R.I.P COD

Associate
Why are people comparing this to bf3? Bf3 is a team game, if you arn't playing with others (which is most people, most of the time) then you just end up being a lone wolf getting pwned running round.

This is the arcarde style deathmatch game that has evolved from games like quake and soldier of fortune 2.

Soldato
I'm a COD hater and I actually quite enjoyed the few minutes I played on MW3, I think I would get bored eventually tho, game would need to be under £10 for me to buy it

Played 3 games today and left partway through the third. I don't really like it. It's not really added much since it's predecessor (refined a little but not much) and it's just not all that much better than COD4 (if at all).

Think I'm sticking to COD4 if I want a blast at a COD game mp in future. Glad I didn't pay money for MW3, but I am glad I played it for free this weekend. :)

Caporegime
Tried this, played for ten minutes. LOL'd hard at the graphics and uninstalled it. I normally buy CoD for the single player and I probably will get it at some point, but that point will probably be 2013.

Also halfway through the game the host left and I was like 'WTF is this ****? No dedicated servers STILL?' and quit.

Last edited:
Associate
I spent about a year playing CoD4 like an obsessed man. The IW games are always better than treyarch IMO, I bought MW2 in the prestige edition (so I have the goggles sat on my speaker next to me) but MW3 just didn't excite me. It doesn't seem as tactical as CoD4, I know they never were massively tactical compared to BF etc but they still had some emphasis on tactics. Now it's all claymores and noobtubes and I can't be bothered with it.

Soldato
PC gamers and there "graphics"...im glad i was brought up on the Spectrum to me its always gameplay first.
loved MW1 and the series has gone downhill since, BF3 all the way for me at the moment, even though it has been dumbed down to COD standards at least when a squad work together you can actually achieve something.
The only good thing COD has done in my eyes is bring in the unlock/badge/ribbon etc system, as im a RPG head at heart and getting em all (a bit like pokeman) becomes just as important to me as playing the game (sad i know)

Associate
Been giving MW3 a go today as its free and like others have said the graphics are pretty terrible. And even my old system plays it easily.
The gameplay is simple and shoddy but it is surprisingly quite fun and I don't regret giving it a go, And even sort of contemplated buying it But as I own BF3 I don't think MW3 would get used much if at all.

Permabanned
Enjoyed my time enough with the free weekend to seal a purchase from me, however graphically it is a mixed bag.

The graphics themselves are fine its just there is some sort of blur filter that makes the whole game look fuzzy and not very defined.

Back
Top Bottom