****The Nintendo 3DS Thread****

Caporegime
Got Mario 3D Land on Sunday, better than Mario 64?

Possibly............but its certianly awesome. Nearly completed it, and will easily re-run through it for all the stars. :D

Soldato
Cheers matey.. Bought RE:R anyway so hopefully its a bit more polished than the demo...

I am a BIG RE fan and this is one of the games i bought my 3DS for.. :D

Edit.. Just found the Circle Pad Pro in stock at Play at £15 does anyone else have one? How much better is RE:R with it?

I'm sure you'll enjoy it mate, I'm on episode 3 and I think its brilliant. I haven't used the circle pad pro, too scared it'll scratch my Zelda 3DS.

Without the CPP, it's a lot like Resi 4.

Man of Honour
Wait, what?!?!

Yep, there were some plonkers on here that rushed through the first 8 worlds and sold it after only playing the incredibly easy first half of the game :(

There is SO much more to Mario 3D Land and the game only really starts after the first 8 training worlds.

XPE

XPE

Soldato
I thought Mario Land 3D was excellent for that, anyone could finish the main game but there was so much more for other players that wanted a challenge.

Soldato
Well got all the legendary weapons and am now level 48 on raid mode. And finished all the levels. lol

Great game made better by the ccp.

Has anyone else looked at Heroes of Ruin? 4 player co-op action RPG, looks like it could be quite good. I have some reservations though.

Caporegime
OP
Question, I may be missing something here, but how come both XPE and Le Josh abbreviate the Circle Pad Pro as the CCP? I thought the CCP was the alternative controller for the Wii? :)

Soldato
Yep, there were some plonkers on here that rushed through the first 8 worlds and sold it after only playing the incredibly easy first half of the game :(

There is SO much more to Mario 3D Land and the game only really starts after the first 8 training worlds.

Lets be clear, its not the first half of the game, its THE game, theres a title screen, the full works.

The additional levels might be more than half a games worth but they do not constitute the main game.

Man of Honour
Oh the s worlds are definitely part of the main game. There is absolutely zero doubt about that!

That's like saying portal ends in the furnace at under half way through, which is a ridiculous notion!

Associate
Not sure if anyone has mentioned but everyone must by Pullblox off the eShop. It is the best £5.40 you could wish to spend. It seems so simple but is far from it and some of the puzzles are so clever. It gives me that Portal "I am the only person in the world to have figured that out, I am BRILLIANT!" feeling. Which is quite a good feeling!

Soldato
Got around to completing Revelations on Sunday there finally, gotta say I really enjoyed it, definitely up there with the best of the Resident Evil titles.

The CPP made things a lot better in my opinion as with some of the enemies I felt backing off while attacking worked very well.

One thing that frustrated was that last boss :mad: however once I got my dodging sorted I found it quite easy. Plus on my first run through I picked up 14 out of the 15 Handprints...am I annoyed? Yes!!! I didn't even religiously scan about or anything!

So that's now Zelda:OOT, Starfox, Revelations done and dusted with, now to move onto Mario 3D. Of course Mario Kart is getting a lot of my attention, playing that game to death still online, it's actually just brilliant and for me the best title for longevity so far.

I'm in the never played Snake Eater camp, only title from the Metal Gear series I haven't gotten around to playing...so I guess that will probably be next on my purchase agenda.

I have completed all the NES titles that I wanted to play through on my ambassador pack and keep forgetting I now have all that GBA goodness to get through still...:D Yep, things keep on going :D

P.S A Reminder for any Pokemon fans out there...Mewtwo is downloadable through mystery gift right now for Black/White...

Out!

Soldato
Oh the s worlds are definitely part of the main game. There is absolutely zero doubt about that!

That's like saying portal ends in the furnace at under half way through, which is a ridiculous notion!

If they were part of the main game there wouldnt be the ending credits after the 8 worlds.

They dont put credits half way through a movie.

Soldato
What's the best 3DS game to get that will keep me occupied for quite a while, I have some cashback coming through so I want something that will last me, sold most of my portable games, however I'm just playing Tetris on my GBA. I need atleast one game or I will sell my 3DS which I don't want to do.

I'm thinking Mario Kart really or Mario Land 3D, though I think the former will last longer.

Man of Honour
If they were part of the main game there wouldnt be the ending credits after the 8 worlds.

They dont put credits half way through a movie.

OK.

What's the best 3DS game to get that will keep me occupied for quite a while, I have some cashback coming through so I want something that will last me, sold most of my portable games, however I'm just playing Tetris on my GBA. I need atleast one game or I will sell my 3DS which I don't want to do.

I'm thinking Mario Kart really or Mario Land 3D, though I think the former will last longer.

Mario Kart has lasted me ages, Mario Land 3D is also a long game if you don't stop half way through. Zelda Oot is your best bet though if you haven't played it already.

Soldato
Got around to completing Revelations on Sunday there finally, gotta say I really enjoyed it, definitely up there with the best of the Resident Evil titles.

The CPP made things a lot better in my opinion as with some of the enemies I felt backing off while attacking worked very well.

One thing that frustrated was that last boss :mad: however once I got my dodging sorted I found it quite easy. Plus on my first run through I picked up 14 out of the 15 Handprints...am I annoyed? Yes!!! I didn't even religiously scan about or anything!

You're supposed to shoot the last boss when his purple smoke is coming out of his face. I can't dodge for toffee, I've tried pressing up on the stick or down+B, it works when it feels like it.

:p

Soldato
Not sure if anyone has mentioned but everyone must by Pullblox off the eShop. It is the best £5.40 you could wish to spend. It seems so simple but is far from it and some of the puzzles are so clever. It gives me that Portal "I am the only person in the world to have figured that out, I am BRILLIANT!" feeling. Which is quite a good feeling!

I know that feeling!

Some of them are truly difficult.

Back
Top Bottom