SKY Go coming to Android next month! at last!

Soldato
I've heard these rumours for a while. Hope something comes of it, and soon as I work shifts, and relied on sky go at work to catch the football now and again, they have recently made it mandatory to update to the latest version of Silverlight, and to do that on my work PC you need admin rights, which normally I can bypass, but not with silverlight, and on top of that I just a new Gnex on three, all you can eat data, Netflix is a dream, add Sky go to that, and a MHL cable, would be a huge relief for me.

Soldato
Soldato
I've heard these rumours for a while. Hope something comes of it, and soon as I work shifts, and relied on sky go at work to catch the football now and again, they have recently made it mandatory to update to the latest version of Silverlight, and to do that on my work PC you need admin rights, which normally I can bypass, but not with silverlight, and on top of that I just a new Gnex on three, all you can eat data, Netflix is a dream, add Sky go to that, and a MHL cable, would be a huge relief for me.

It's not a rumour, this is a firm date and the app defiintely exists now.

However as well as not appearing in the market for most devices (not even my Note or Nexus) the app does an additional check for the model number (I assume from the build.prop) so it won't be easily loaded onto unsupported devices.

Keep an eye on the Android market tomorrow.

Caporegime
At launch the app will only support galaxy S and S2 and some HTC phones as well. There is some sort of check in the phone you have to stop OT from running and it won't run on rooted phones either I heard.

Soldato
yeah i would imagine so, but SKY limiting it to certain devices (for whatever reason) won't stop them being hacked to run on anything device.

i would not be surprised to see a hack that allows anyone access

I would be surprised, it's not been hacked on any other platform (jailbroken iPhones, Windows, Mac). They have made very sure that it's secure. Of course everything can be broken but I don't think it will happen and if it does any holes will be plugged straight away and I imagine people will lose their Sky accounts.

CSA

CSA

Associate
it wont install on my HTC desire Z , sure if the other desire models are supported then mine should be ? ive noticed on market it actually says my HTC is a "htc vision" and i cant find anywhere to change it :(

Man of Honour
it wont install on my HTC desire Z , sure if the other desire models are supported then mine should be ? ive noticed on market it actually says my HTC is a "htc vision" and i cant find anywhere to change it :(

This list appears to be:

Samsung Galaxy S, Galaxy S2, HTC Sensation, HTC Incredible S HTC Desire, Desire S and Desire HD.

Soldato
The annoying thing for me is that my kitchen iPad and PC are already registered, so I don't want to test it out on my S2 and lose Sky Go access for a month on either of those. I wish they would lower the length of time before you can change devices to a day or something.

Back
Top Bottom