What injuries have you had?

Soldato
Definately not impressive as some; all my injuries are from sports as opposed to awesome accidents.

- Had a knee arthroscopy yesterday for a Bell Tear in Lateral Meniscus (cartilidge) Right knee (meniscotomy) removed lots. (jiu jitsu)
- Damage to trochlea groove left knee (running)
- Partial snap of tendons in both elbows (jiu jitsu)
- Mahoosive cartilidge tear left glenoid labrum (left shoulder) that I should really have surgery on (rugby)
- Damage to cartilidge on both sides of jaw (rugby)
- Ligament damage right wrist (jiu jitsu)
- Ligament damage both ankles (rugby)
- Intermittend back pain, this is caused by a congenital postural dysfunction, olympic lifts exacerbated it.
- Intermitted issues with neck (jiu jitsu, I remember the brutal guillotine that did it)

Soldato
Ive had a couple of burst blood vessels, 1 on my elbow & 1 on my hand after I trapped it under make shift seesaw, a group of us had made on a building site as children.

I've got a scar on my foot after I put a garden fork in my foot when I was about 9.

I've got a scar near right eye after I fell on a nail my father had left in the wall after removing some skirting board.

And I split the back of my head open after pulling the wrong brake on my brothers old Peugeot BMX(the brakes were on opposite sides to my bike.) I went over the handle bars and the bike hit me in the back of my head.

Soldato
When I was at school, a fly landed on my eye and laid its eggs on the surface of my eyeball.
These eggs travelled to the back of my eye where they began to gestate and increase in size. This led to a loss of vision in the eye and immense agony.
Although my GP diagnosed it as conjunctivitis, the pharmacist disagreed with him and advised my mother to take me straight to Moorfields.
When I got up there, they rushed me straight to an operating room where the slackened the gubbins at the back of the eyeball so they could turn it almost fully around in the socket. They found a cluster of almost hatching maggots.
Luckily for me they were able to scrape them off and treat the resulting infection. I'm also thankful to hear that the GP has finally been struck off the register, although not as a result of my complaint.

Fuuuuuuuuuuu

Glad it was easily treated! :eek:

I would have made a complaint but it's hard to see behind people's eyeballs. :p

Permabanned
-nail through my tongue, healed before i got to see a doctor, kicked a piece of word like a see saw when i was 6
-broken leg, sister broke it playing football
-broken hand, fighting in primary school and punched a guy on the back of the head
-deviated septum and nerve damage on one side of face, sniffed choclate up my noes
-dislocated jaw on the one side
-weak toes on right foot due to damaged heal, still can't walk/run right 6 years later.

Last edited:
Soldato
Oh, I do remember a minor one.

During second year at secondary school that whole 'book fair' thing was going on in the library. Meant less time in class so I went out to go see what crap they had. One book caught my interest so I leaned down to get a better lo-

ARRRRRGGGGHHHHHHH!

Turns out there was a piece of cardboard jutting out over the edge of the top of the stand, and I went and stabbed my own eyeball straight into it, with the weight of my body behind it.

When the eye finally stopped hurting and I could open it I checked it out in the mirror to see small blood drops under the surface of the eyeball.

Oh man that was painful.

Soldato
Bike smash in 1990 resulted in :-

Fracture of Femur which ran into my knee joint. Meccano set required to pin back together. Whilst one surgical team worked on this another team was carrying out a Splenectomy. Lost approx 8 pints of blood as a result of the Spleen being ruptured. Two broken collarbones didn't help either.

This happened at 18. I take Penicillin twice daily and will do for life. The doctors who worked on me reckoned the only reason I managed to survive was my physical fitness at the time was extremely high as I'd just finished my recruit training in the F&RS.

Soldato
I had my little finger amputated. (bloody awkward using keyboard for fps games :D)
Nose broke a couple of times (fighting)
Little toe fractured.
3 inch gash on side of my foot, i got spiked in a cross country race.
Lost my 2 front teeth when i was 10, after i fell off a wall

Associate
Skydiving accident last April, broke my L2,L3,L4 & L5 vertebrae still recovering from it 10 months on.

b9ha43.jpg

Associate
Chipped my left ankle, that's all really. Although I think I have a fractured wrist or something currently as it's been sore and weak for about 3 months now, really should get it looked at... Random piece of information, I have never had a nosebleed. Pretty cool I think :D

Start at the bottom and work my way up:

Broken all bar my left big toe - Numerous accidents
Broken right ankle - Caught in stairgate as kid
Broken right metatarsal bone - Kicked a printer in anger, it had the last laugh.
Torn ligaments right foot - Fell down concrete stairs after deciding on having a sober night.
Chipped/dented bone on left shin - Bloke decided he didn't like me putting him on the floor and put a knife in my leg.
Dislocated both knee caps numerous times - Just happens
Appendix went bang - That hurt
Liver + Kidneys shut down - Swine Flu, nasty ****.
2 Cracked ribs - Had a disagreement with a man and his baseball bat.
Broken fingers and knuckles numerous times - Too many people with hard heads.
Lost all feeling on two fingers and knuckle on right hand - see above
Broken right wrist - Bike accident... Push bike :(
Dislocated right shoulder twice - Rugby
Popped a couple discs out in back/neck - Just woke up like it, not sure how.
Broken nose - People with hard fists.
Nose bleeds commonly - A vein that should go inside actually goes into my nose bit and always bursts.
Stitches on corner of eye - Caught in on a fast metal closing gate corner

I think thats it.

Nasty thought to think tho, that without "modern medicine" Id be dead twice now. With liver + kidneys shutting down and appendix going bang.. both would have killed me.

Back
Top Bottom