Most collectable guitar you own?

Soldato
I've got this nice Gibson... it's erm, pretty rare :D

large.jpg

Only other guitar I've got is a USA Strat from the min 90's... but that's about as rare as the Gibson above.

Associate
I guess mine quality as "limited edition", as they were made for me by my brother-in-law:

guitars.png

The southpaw strat is mine (American ash body, ebony fingerboard) and the mini-guitar is my sons - the photo really doesn't do justice to the maple body on that, the finish is stunning.

Soldato
I used to own a Danelctro U2. Fair enough, not THAT collectable in all honesty. But it was a cream one with an official Danelectro tweed hardcase. I got more interest for that guitar when it was on eBay, that any other instrument I've ever sold.

I miss it so much everytime I think about it though. :(

Tk7

Tk7

Associate
I'd say I don't, never have, and probably never will own a 'collectable' guitar. I've owned some nice guitars, but my definition of a collectable guitar is one that'd cost a years salary etc..

I used to hoard guitars, I had 15 at one point, but now i've stripped down to three. The priciest of those is only a mex Tele, but they all do the job.

I've got past the stage of guitars being precious. If they do they job I require of them, then no matter what shape, colour, or how much they cost.

EDIT Oh, and the mini PRS-a-like above is great. If I owned that, i'd have to play a song at a gig with it...

Caporegime
Epiphone SQ-180 - the Everly Brothers signature guitar, with preposterously large scratch plates. Unfortunately, those self same scratch plates are warped and lifting off the soundboard in places.

Caporegime
Just a Fender Strat at the moment, so nothing rare.

Looking to buy an original '60s Strat at some point. Sunburst and worn. I think they look awesome.

Man of Honour
I have a PGM301 which isn't particuarly collectable, but it rocks hard.

Needs a full set-up and possibly a new nut, any ideas where I can get a really good set up for a ibanez?

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
My Ibanez is about as rare as a pack of Benson & Hedges but it does me for tinkering about on. I do fancy getting something nice to get old with though but it would be a Gibson 400 rather than a Les Paul.

Associate
None of mine I would really consider collectable - have a rare Yamaki deluxe 12 string acoustic - not seen another of the same model anywhere before and it's in ok nick for being somewhere between 30-40 years old. But don't think it would fetch much if I sold it.

Man of Honour
The only named guitar I've got left is a 79 Fender Stratocaster and that's in the attic.
I decided to sell my Gibson Les Paul Standard and Yamaha SG2000 because I decided names weren't important but the playability of a guitar was, so I traded them in for others.

Soldato
Ibanez GB100, Japanese built, serial sticker signed by George Benson himself, and made in 1990, which was the first year of production.

7620244.jpg

Sorry about the amp in the way, but me and this guitar are currently in different countries, so I can't get a better photograph.

Caporegime
OP
100_0784.jpg

Gibson SG Standard Natural Satin Single Coil (1of 400)
Gibson Les Paul Zebrawood ( 1 of 400)
American Fender Deluxe Amber stratocaster
1998 (1958 American collectors addition Telecsater) (1 of 1998) But not one 4 digit one has been reported
Martin OM-18V Acoustic Martins forum state that only 700 were made of this model

Soldato
I have a 1999 US Fender Strat Hardtail limited edition (don't know number/issue at the mo). I know it was one of the last in the batch before Fender made certain changes to that particular range, not rare as such but I love it. Sienna Sunburst as well :D

Les Paul Custom, not rare but can't beat a good Custom!

Nicest guitar I have is a 2004 Duesenberg Carl Carlton hollowbody. Absolutely the best guitar I've ever played and most versatile! (I'd never sell any guitar I own but the Duesey has certainly semi-retired the Strat and Les Paul).

carltondt.jpg

Associate
I have a limited edition Gibson Les Paul standard in Manhattan midnight. It's part of the original run of 300 but its only a 2004 so its not exactly unobtanium. I really like it although the sheer weight of the thing can get rather tiring if it gets used for more than an hour or so. If I can find some pics I will add them.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

^ I'd give a good amount of money for that!

I had a PRS singlecut (Les Paul shaped body) before the big lawsuit from Gibson.

Sadly, they started making them again so it's not so collectible now :(

QNrtk.jpg

I do have a signed guitar from Aerosmith in a display case though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom