Sunday Tea - Slow Roast Lamb Shoulder

Soldato
i also done this today, it was amazing!
I too had loads of the stock left over, and i also used it to make gravy.
The meat was soo soft, we barely had to chew it.

I didn't cover mine with foil, was i supposed to? as the recipe didn't say, but it still was amazing.
The top layer of potatoes were a bit hard/crunchy, so i just removed them, the rest were really nice.
Oh and i didn't use as much rosemary as pics above, i just used 1 sprig, with the leaves chopped.

One thing though, the PRICE of lamb:eek:
I got it for £8.80 a kilo, the shoulder i used was 1.9kg, so it cost £17, and shoulder is supposed to be a cheap cut.

Last edited:
Soldato

I didn't cover mine with foil, was i supposed to? as the recipe didn't say, but it still was amazing.
The top layer of potatoes were a bit hard/crunchy, so i just removed them, the rest were really nice.
Oh and i didn't use as much rosemary as pics above, i just used 1 sprig, with the leaves chopped.

I got it for £8.80 a kilo, the shoulder i used was 1.9kg, so it cost £17, and shoulder is supposed to be a cheap cut.

morrisons for the win 1.5 KG was £8.50

Soldato

I used to get my lamb from a guy at my rugby club. He is a farmer and would deliver me half a lamb for about £40-£45. It would be butchered and ready for the freezer.

I live a little bit far from him now to get it delivered though. If anyone lives near Lewes in Sussex and want his details let me know. It is good quality meat.

Soldato
OP

I thought the top layer of potatoes that had gone crisp were one of the best bits. I didn't use any foil either.

I paid something like £10 for the half shoulder of lamb - was £6 or £7 per kg.

The leftovers made a stunning lamb curry :D

Soldato
morrisons for the win 1.5 KG was £8.50

:(:(:mad:

I thought the top layer of potatoes that had gone crisp were one of the best bits. I didn't use any foil either.

I paid something like £10 for the half shoulder of lamb - was £6 or £7 per kg.

The leftovers made a stunning lamb curry :D

Some of them were nice, until i nearly broke a tooth off one bit. :eek:
There were 6 adults eating mine, so there was not much leftover.
That is good in one sense, and bad in another, as i only had enough leftover for a sandwich today. But it was very well liked by everyone.

But this dish, is definitely a winner :)

Caporegime
Looks great but for Sunday tea I normally have some earl grey th a chocolate digestive, what did you have for dinner after that!?!

Back
Top Bottom