SKY Go coming to Android next month! at last!

Soldato
I've just seen this post on the Sky forums, from an employee:

Hi Luke+vivian & Howellsey,

Can I ask if either of you have any superuser permissions to apps?

Thanks,

Could it be that Sky Go is simply detecting root by seeing whether any apps have su access? Has anyone got time to try removing all su access?

Soldato
Working on my ROOTED Galaxy Note. :) Quality on 3G is very good but it must be rinsing my data!

Voodoo OTA RootKeeper (free) works.
I'm using the test apk from XDA.

I've tried OTA RootKeeper and got nothing on my S2...says that it won't work with anything which has been updated via ODIN.

How did you root your Note? Odin?

Can you link me to the test APK? And describe a step by step on how you put it into place? For instance, did you reboot after hiding your root? Or did you just hide it and launch Sky Go?

Soldato
I've tried OTA RootKeeper and got nothing on my S2...says that it won't work with anything which has been updated via ODIN.

Can you link me to the test APK? And describe a step by step on how you put it into place? For instance, did you reboot after hiding your root? Or did you just hide it and launch Sky Go?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=22758529&postcount=129

I rooted my Note when I first got it, I can't remember how I rooted it now but I must have posted in the Galaxy Note thread. I am at work atm so can't search that thread but will do later to confirm but it was a very simple one click job, I don't think it was via odin.

After I run RootKeeper, I checked using 'Root Check basic' and that confirms the device isn't rooted (temporarily anyway).

I then installed the Sky Go app from the above link, logged in, and Sky Sports seems to be working perfectly. Didn't have it on for long as I'm on 3G atm.

Soldato

On my S2 I flashed stock kernel which kept root with Odin & then used OTA rootkeeper "temp un-root" option & then loaded Sky Go, My Sky Go APK is from the market.

Soldato
On my S2 I flashed stock kernel which kept root with Odin & then used OTA rootkeeper "temp un-root" option & then loaded Sky Go, My Sky Go APK is from the market.

Hmm okay, thanks - looks like I need to find myself a Windows PC to reflash a stock kernel through Odin and try again.

Cheers :)

Associate
I uninstalled skygo and installed the test version from xda, signed in etc. But when I click a program it flashes black and says 'unfortunately, music has stopped', any ideas?

Galaxy tab 10.1 rooted with CM9

edit: Im guessing tablet support isnt about yet, i'll forget it for now

Last edited:
Associate
working great on my unrooted Galaxy Note everything on my 3 week old phone is as it was when I got it so very pleased that its working from the out set with the hacked .APK file from XDA
using it on wifi at home at the minute and on my Note the picture is very very good watching the live cricket... also had 10 mins watching the Italian job on movie channel and that also works really well

Back
Top Bottom