T-Link-WN851N wireless card slow/intermittent

Associate
Hi all, I'm having problems with my TP-Link-WN851N PCI wireless card (V2) and hope you can help!

The problem is that the connection is generally very slow and often stops altogether. The problem is just with the host PC as my laptop receives normal speed. The wireless signal is strong enough (4/5 bars and the card used to get full speed).

So far I've tried;
-downloading the latest drivers,
-disable/enable, uninstall/reinstall card in device manager,
-swapping PCI slot,
-system restore to (working) earlier points,
-and after much frustration; a fresh install of windows on a new drive. This solved for the problem for a few boots but now it's failing again.

I'm using Windows 7 64-bit. Any help or suggestions would be great, thanks.

-Rob

Associate
Reviving this thread because as of a few days ago, my WN851N is playing up as well.

I've tried installing multiple driver versions (cleaning between each one) and playing with the settings on the router (TP-Link TD-W8960N).

Looking at the speeds reported by Dropbox, it goes up to 200KB/s and then drops to 20KB/s, fluctuating massively. The HTPC reports download speeds of 2MB/s.

This is the only device in the house that seems to be having problems.

Associate
OP
...I gave up and bought a USB receiver. I had the perception that an integrated card would be better somehow but I can't tell the difference. If it's fairly new send it back, otherwise spend the £20 on a USB jobby :)

Back
Top Bottom