***** The Official Galaxy Nexus Thread *****

Soldato
yes i agree, google don't often make a fuss about minor releases so would not be surprised if someone here gets an update before any press releases. to be fair apart from a speed boost which is rumoured im quite happy now chrome beta is out as i needed a spell check for the browser soooooo bad! and chrome uses the stock keyboard checker which works a treat for me

Soldato
Im currently using a Blackberry but i'm getting fed up with it so looking to change to something else.

I had a Samsung Galaxy SII and didn't particularly like Android that much back then and the TouchWhiz was awful. Unfortunately no shop near me has a working model on display and I always take reviews with a pinch of salt.

So could those who have it please give opinions on:

The screen quality and resolution
Performance of the phone, slow downs, hanging etc...
Improvements in ICS, is it much better than previous
Phone build quality (i know it's plastic)
Size, is it incovenient, too big etc...

I know a whole host of quad cores etc... will be hitting the shelves very soon but I just don't feel it's needed and for me pure Android has a massive advantage over manufacturer skins.

Basically are you happy with it or would you in hindsight have waited a month or two to see what the other have to offer. I've seen things like HTC One X and it doesn't do much for me, also Galaxy SIII I expect to have another awful TouchWhiz interface.

Soldato
Im currently using a Blackberry but i'm getting fed up with it so looking to change to something else.

I had a Samsung Galaxy SII and didn't particularly like Android that much back then and the TouchWhiz was awful. Unfortunately no shop near me has a working model on display and I always take reviews with a pinch of salt.

So could those who have it please give opinions on:

The screen quality and resolution
Performance of the phone, slow downs, hanging etc...
Improvements in ICS, is it much better than previous
Phone build quality (i know it's plastic)
Size, is it incovenient, too big etc...

I know a whole host of quad cores etc... will be hitting the shelves very soon but I just don't feel it's needed and for me pure Android has a massive advantage over manufacturer skins.

Basically are you happy with it or would you in hindsight have waited a month or two to see what the other have to offer. I've seen things like HTC One X and it doesn't do much for me, also Galaxy SIII I expect to have another awful TouchWhiz interface.

i had a SGS2.

the nexus has a pure android feel, one i would hate to lose, i plan to *try* and stick with the nexus range now. ICS is great, nice and simple and not loaded with *****, build quality is better than the SGS2 and has more weight and less plastic. screen is the best around and size is fine for any man :D

Back
Top Bottom