Assassins Creed 3: American Revolution

Associate
I suppose the assassin will be American and the Brits will be the terrible bad guys you have to assassinate. I'm certainly glad it's something that hasn't been done a million times before.

Soldato
The imagery on these box covers are verging on being bloody offensive.

I mean yes, evey game before has involved killing various races but then the assassin WAS THE SAME RACE, also the box covers and adverts were just the assassin.

This is a clearly America assassin smashing a British soldiers head into the ground and getting ready to cut it off with an axe with the US Flag flying in the background.

Last edited:
Soldato

I mean yes, evey game before has involved killing various races but then the assassin WAS THE SAME RACE, also the box covers and adverts were just the assassin.

This is a clearly America assassin smashing a British soldiers head into the ground and getting ready to cut it off with an axe.

:confused:

So COD and Battlefield where you're up against Russians or Middle-Easteners or whatever country vs country is fine. All the WW2 games where the Germans or Japanese take a pounding? No problem.

But because this one has the British, now it's offensive? :confused:

Associate
:confused:

So COD and Battlefield where you're up against Russians or Middle-Easteners or whatever country vs country is fine. All the WW2 games where the Germans or Japanese take a pounding? No problem.

But because this one has the British, now it's offensive? :confused:

I think he's talking about the front cover, not the game itself.

I like ACm but it is like Tomb Raider on the PS1. It was amazing, but each game added new stuff, but not enough new stuff so after a few games it became stale.

After brotherhood I thought the game had ended, I don't want this game to come out but if it does I will still play it.

Soldato
Your implication is that I don't think are are offensive, I've never commented on the subject

In fact I don't play either game.

So, for you any game (or film as well I guess?) with one race killing another race is offensive? But provided it's one race killing the same race (like the other AC games). No problem.

I'm not really understanding your reply on this? Are you against any violent games, or just specific ones? :confused:

I think he's talking about the front cover, not the game itself.

Maybe it's just me, but I don't find it offensive. Especially from a racial stand point. The British were one of the sides in the American revolution, I'm not sure how they'd write the story to have him not killing British soldiers at any point, it wouldn't make sense as a story for him to be killing Jamaicans would it? :p

It's no different to this surely:

wolfenstein3d.jpg

Soldato
Not a chance in hell this real.

Humble pie for me, it seems. Worst idea for a setting in gaming history, though. Ho-hum - it was good while it lasted.

Maybe it's just me, but I don't find it offensive. Especially from a racial stand point.

There is no racial stand point; British and American are nationalities, not races.

Last edited:
Soldato
Was there a marked improvement from 2 to the other annually released "sequels"?

Actually I would say there was from 2 to Brotherhood which imo is easily the best of the lot. Revelations on the other hand, whilst still a good game, added nothing new except needless options which were only put in because they felt they had to make it different in some way!

There was simply no way to justify yearly games that have little difference, so they added micromanaging encounters and other pointless things like bomb recipes. Unfortunately, it is becoming very much like COD in that respect.

I would much prefer a new AC game every 2-3 years which significantly adds to previous titles. Yearly releases are not necessarily always bad, but this series is in dire need of a little depth, which the story demands but the quick turnover doesn't allow.

Soldato

This is a clearly America assassin smashing a British soldiers head into the ground and getting ready to cut it off with an axe with the US Flag flying in the background.

Because he's British? Diddums.

Caporegime
How does one find this offensive, the war was over two centuries ago, one would have to be patriotic and thus moronic to care.

If it is real that is.

Last edited:
Soldato
I don't think many people are finding it offensive, it's just been done to death.

The yanks will love it though. :p

Has it? I can only think of a handful of games set during the American Revolution. Empire: TW, Civ: Colonisation to a degree. Certainly no action games spring to mind. :confused:

It seems like I'm the only person in this thread that thinks it'll make an interesting setting for a game though. :p

Back
Top Bottom