Check it out, we've been busy at Aston Hill

p5pb7775268.jpg

p5pb7775265.jpg

p5pb7775258.jpg

p4pb7775252.jpg

p4pb7775250.jpg

p4pb7775249.jpg

Soldato
Any advice on a decent Bottom Backet only looked at the Hope steel ones or chris king with the CK one being a fair bit more expensive.

Soldato
Soldato
Yeah think you have mentioned the acros one before. Not going to even consider doing anything with the hollow tech, for me it seems the fact it lets in so much crap that wrecks them.

Soldato
I like the fact that if you screw up the lines to the jumps, you get to impale yourself on the pikes in shame :p

Haha, yep - heads on sticks!
In all seriousness all these we're leaving 'till last, so that ballbags won't go and ride the tracks while it's not yet open.

The track itself is relatively straight forward - completely different than anything else on the hill, but it's going to be fast as hell.

Put a couple of "squirrel catchers" in the beginning to slow down/calm down the less experienced riders (squirrel catcher - a jump or obstacle that looks daunting right at the beginning to catch the squirly riders).
Can't wait for it to be done.

Associate
Yeah, forgot to mention. I was there on saturday (first ride since October :p), they've closed off the full red route due to logging, we decided to carry on, but it was fairly pointless. Spooky wood is walkable at best. They've driven the machinery straight through the trail and dumped logs all over the place.

It will never be the same :(

Associate
Nice work Supercow !

Was lovely weather today so went out for a local ride but managed to get loads of thorns in the back tyre on the way home.... time to use my Stans notubes that I've been storing in the cupboard I think....

Soldato
You've perked my interest, I already have a Boxxer WC ready to go on my 2012 Demo but I am kinda tempted by these..

How easy is it to get spare parts and springs for these, I weigh 15 stones + with kit so I'll probably need a firmer spring? Also how often do these need servicing?

Very easy to get straight off R53.
You will need a new spring - you need the grey one, but you're in luck as I have one for you in my toolbox :)

BOS needs an oil change, just for prosperity's sake, once a year --> 10 minute DIY jobby. It needs service every 2 years @ +/- £90 (compared to fox @ 6 months, boxxers every year when you have a good set)

ps: I'll honour any warranty issues, if any were to arise.

Soldato
Yeah, forgot to mention. I was there on saturday (first ride since October :p), they've closed off the full red route due to logging, we decided to carry on, but it was fairly pointless. Spooky wood is walkable at best. They've driven the machinery straight through the trail and dumped logs all over the place.

It will never be the same :(

in fairness it does clearly state

The Red Route is closed from posts 16 - 44 (Spookywood Climb/Descent & Super G) until Fri 9th March due to tree felling operations.

on the website so it's only fair to see what happens - i severly doubt it will be ruined as they would crazy not to fix it all as one of the biggest biking attractions in Scotland!

Associate

I'm very interested then, let me know when you get some pictures up. I'm afraid that I wont be in a position to make an offer until the 15th. I'll keep an eye on here and on southern downhill until then.

I must admit I quite fancy the new 888 RC3 Evo ti too but can't stand white forks, they get tatty so quickly!

Associate
Any advice on a decent Bottom Backet only looked at the Hope steel ones or chris king with the CK one being a fair bit more expensive.

Just get an xtr from Rose

http://www.rosebikes.co.uk/article/...acket-shells-hollowtech-ii-sm-bb90/aid:274227

If fitted properly a Shimano bottom bracket will last quite a while and at that price even a Hope one @ £60 won't last 3 times as long. The only reason to pick Hope is if you want a pretty colour and it to be made in Britain.

Soldato
I'm very interested then, let me know when you get some pictures up. I'm afraid that I wont be in a position to make an offer until the 15th. I'll keep an eye on here and on southern downhill until then.

I must admit I quite fancy the new 888 RC3 Evo ti too but can't stand white forks, they get tatty so quickly!

Keep an eye on my SDH thread then :)
I'll update as soon as I can.

http://www.southerndownhill.com/forum/index.php/topic,260811.0.html

I WANT TO RIDE MY DH BIKE :mad:

It's been an expensive coat rack since I built it in October.

Where will you be riding this summer, given Diablo is shut?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom