• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Dedicated physX?

Soldato
Hey guys i was thinking about getting a dedicated physx card but im not really sure on how powerfull the card needs to give a performance boost but not over kill i was thinking about a 460 hawk maby? i know there brilliant cards my card atm is a 580 would the 460 hinder my performance or make it better? if it would hinder what card would give me a boost.i want a card that can run physx perfectly

Thanks

Caporegime
The thing you gotta ask yourself is, do i really need a dedicated physx card. There are very few games that use it. Plus theres the added heat with two cards, and the increased power consumption.

Soldato
From my findings (I did some testing) Physx is often slower when being off loaded onto a GPU slower than the one you have.

The 580 is much more powerful and much faster.

It's not worth it tbh. I mean if you had a 460 kicking around and was bored it would be worth playing with, but certainly not worth spending £100 on.

Soldato
Physx is incredible in Mirror's Edge. Sadly EA are gash and it doesn't work in Windows 7 which has peed me off muchly as I used to play the crap out of that game to improve on my times.

After that though? steadily got worse. It's fun in Batman AA and Mafia II but it doesn't really add to the experience like it did in Mirror's Edge.

Soldato
Physx is incredible in Mirror's Edge. Sadly EA are gash and it doesn't work in Windows 7 which has peed me off muchly as I used to play the crap out of that game to improve on my times.

After that though? steadily got worse. It's fun in Batman AA and Mafia II but it doesn't really add to the experience like it did in Mirror's Edge.

Does it work in Windows 7 with XP mode?

/waits for Pottsey. Where is that chirpy fellow nowadays? Not seen him in ages.

Who?

Soldato
I tried everything Clee, no dice :(

So super sucks though because man that game gets my heart going LOL. Really do love it.

Will try it on my media PC (sandy celeron 4gb vengeance GTX 275) as it is running Win7 X86. Maybe that will sort it.

Soldato
I tried everything Clee, no dice :(

So super sucks though because man that game gets my heart going LOL. Really do love it.

Will try it on my media PC (sandy celeron 4gb vengeance GTX 275) as it is running Win7 X86. Maybe that will sort it.

Try getting a cheap copy of XP and using it as secondary OS? :p

Anyways, just play BF3 like a real man :p

Associate

Are you joking?

PhysX was only in a few scenes of the game.

Back
Top Bottom