***The Vapers Lounge***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Just placed my order which I've gone for saturday delivery for.
I am receiving:

Ego tank starter kit
510/ego empty cartridges flat mouth 5pack
ego tank atomiser standard resistance
10ml cherry 6mg
10ml gold & silver tobacco 16mg
10ml apple 6mg

Really excited for my special delivery :D

edit: I must say I was rather disappointed with the lack of choice of strength: 0,6,16,24... Would have liked a 10mg to be honest...

Last edited:
Soldato
I am happily using my SD Keyring for now. It ticks all the boxes and is small and I like the vape when I go out for a few beers. In fact, I have a number of friends who balked at the idea at first, who are now looking to get one. :D

I am however running low on cartomisers and I have read that I can refill them myself as it says so on Vape Escape where I bought them from. Is this true and if it is, how do I, or are there other attachments that will alow me to do so? I can see you have a different kind of attachment on yours, pinter.

Last edited:
Associate
Just received a tornado tank starter kit and some extra fluid on Saturday and so far i haven't had a real cig since it arrived!

So that being the case i'm calling it a success so far, very happy.

Mini review:

First impressions,
Build quality seems very good, very easy to use, good quality 'vape' as long as the tank is not running low and battery life is good atm, but these are new batteries, that may change.

I do have a few questions, the fluids so far appear to taste very similar i assume this is the base flavour coming through but the actual flavouring is very mild or undetectable even using xxx menthol which you would assume should blow your head off, just wondering if this is correct or i should be getting more flavour, the menthol is nowhere near a normal menthol cig or a menthol filter for rollies.

So far the only flavour i can taste is diablo loco chilli and rather than being nice and hot it seems the heat doesn't last 1 second and it makes me cough half the time, do i need to wait for my taste to return or is it something else?

Soldato
[...] do i need to wait for my taste to return or is it something else?
It's partly that, and partly down to the tank system, which by all accounts doesn't give as much flavour as cartomizers/atomiser+carts.

Go to somewhere like eCigWizard or LibertyFlights and buy a couple of dual-coil cartomizers; they'll only cost you a few quid. See how you get on with those :)

Last edited:
Associate
I just exclusively use low resistance dual coils now. Either with a tank or on there own.
Still on tornado/ego 3.7v pass-through battery's though, want to try mod of some sorts and variable voltage.

8 months off the fags btw

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
The tanks do seem to strip a bit of flavour away so I used to mix a bit more flavour into my juice when I had them. The dual coil xl cartomisers give a lot more flavour, but I find I go through loads more juice with them. They are worth a try though, cheap! I did find at the start that I preferred stronger flavours like coffee over the subtle sweet ones.

Associate
Thanks for the replies

I looked up dual coils and found a triple

Just wondering if this is all i need or if i need anything else to change to using this with my starter kit, just looking at the pics not sure how these connect to the battery etc, probably a stupid question.

ps. Because it appears to have a male thread showing, whereas the dual coils have a female end for the battery and a mouth piece, pics for the dual are obvious, triple not so much, unless this is the wrong pic used cos it kinda looks like a battery.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Thanks for the replies

I looked up dual coils and found a triple

Just wondering if this is all i need or if i need anything else to change to using this with my starter kit, just looking at the pics not sure how these connect to the battery etc, probably a stupid question.

ps. Because it appears to have a male thread showing, whereas the dual coils have a female end for the battery and a mouth piece, pics for the dual are obvious, triple not so much, unless this is the wrong pic used cos it kinda looks like a battery.

*eyebrows raised* hmmmm, I may need a new battery and some of those! The dual coils are pretty tough on batteries so I'd recommend sticking with those unless you want to get a higher voltage battery. I, however, may do just that.

Associate

looks like you were looking at the mega dual coils as the threaded battery connector sits up inside the shell, like it does on the cone shaped atomisers

standard dual-coil cartomizers have a protruding battery connector and attach like this

2012-03-04192244.jpg

don't worry guys its glue

Last edited:
Associate
Wow indyskyz, thanks for going to the trouble to post a pic.

I see it now, the battery has an internal and external thread, and these only use the internal thread.

I guess the other end you just use a mouthpiece / drip-tip like this and your ready to go?

Got 3 triples, 2 1000mah batts & mouth/drip thing in my basket atm and hovering over the buy button :)

Soldato
OP
Try some dual coils first. I'm considering going for a VVV variable volt battery mod and trying that on some triples. Standard tornado batts are fine on dual coils, they just lose a bit of throat hot as the battery runs low.

Associate
stopping smoking with e-cig's?

afternoon all,

wanted so help and advice from you im really wanting to stop smoking and was wanting to check out some e-cigarettes, has anybody got any advice for me or some websites i could look at with detailed info as i have no idea about which is best.

Thank you in advance

GM

Soldato
afternoon all,

wanted so help and advice from you im really wanting to stop smoking and was wanting to check out some e-cigarettes, has anybody got any advice for me or some websites i could look at with detailed info as i have no idea about which is best.

Thank you in advance

GM

You can't stop an addiction by swapping the delivery medium.

Caporegime
You can't stop an addiction by swapping the delivery medium.

Incorrect, yes you can. Especially with e-cigs. You can control how much nicotine content there is in the vapour, so you can gradually and progressively reduce it to nothing.

Exactly the same principal as patches, etc.

You can't do that with cigarettes.

Worked for me, now 6 months free of nicotine/vapour and not had a single craving. Smoke free for 9 months.

Man of Honour
Stopped 3 years, used e-cigs to stop, mixed own liquid cut dose over time. Patches gave me a rash; gum was awful and all the tablets they use had too many side effects. Could not go cold turkey as I turned into a daemon so the e-cigs did it for me.

Soldato
I was shocked to hear on the new this morning that 20% of adults actually smoke! :eek:

I'm astoninshed it's that high considering the health risks involved.

Anyway, good luck to all those that want to give us the killer and anti-scoial weed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom