Fancy doing your bit?

Associate
im filling it in, but some of these questions could be worded better. like "do people do charity for the right reasons? yes or no? surely it depends on the person, like i dont think doing charity work to improve your cv is a valid reason if its the only reason your doing it!

Soldato
ok done it but thought it wasnt that great tbh kinda loaded survey...

questions 3 and 5 very similar..

3.Why do you think people feel the need to donate or volunteer
5.What do you think motivates people to give to charity.

9. Do you think people donate or volunteer for the 'right' reasons?

another similar question harping on the same subject. How would we know what another person's reasons and purposes are? If we were to make that judgement we are just projecting our own sense of values (or lack of values) upon them.

12. Do you think there is such a thing as true and pure kindness?

ohh look the same subject again.... what does that even mean???? true and pure kindness wtf?

8. Do you think about charities that use incentives such as poppys/pins/badges/sashes?8. Do you think about charities that use incentives such as poppys/pins/badges/sashes?

what????? very poor and barely understandable. I'm unsure what you mean when you imply that the poppy is an incentive to donate? I dont think the word incentive is appropriate in this context.

did it anyway. try harder next time :)

edit: ok its only a 2nd year project fair enough my criticism may be a tiny bit unduly harsh then.

Man of Honour
That really is a poor questionnaire.

Does the gov do enough for charity? Well they could always do more, but tbh I don't know what the gov does do for charity other than tax relief through gift aid.

Q8 depends heavily on the person. I don't like generalizing if I can avoid it.

In fact more of the questions are either poorly worded or don't give the option to fully express my opinion.

Soldato
OP
Thanks for the responses, it needs to be fairly cut and dry in terms of the responses, its not a major part of the assessment and in honesty is a little bit of an extra to add background. But we appreciate the comments.

Back
Top Bottom