HD Video vs Galaxy S2 = Poor?

Associate
I have just recently changed back from android to iPhone. I have the 4s and did have the Galaxy S2.

I have read loads of reviews that are pointing toward the iPhone shooting better HD video. Every single video I have taken though, so far, seems to not be anywhere near the quality of the Samsung.

Do i need to enable something? or change some settings?

What are your thoughts?

Associate
Actually I disagree, I had both phones, did loads of tests and the cameras came out pretty equal (in good light), the 4s sound quality is noticably better, IMO. I kept the 4s, although I loved the GS2 as well, it's a great phone, the deal breaker for me was the music player. The iphone wins hand down on that aspect, which is very important to me.

Soldato
^ Did you try any of the 3rd party players like powerAMP?

Both the SGS2 and iP4S should have similar 1080p performance, they use the same sensor options (Sony or Samsung) with similar optics.
I think most comparisons are influenced more by the parts batch rather than phone manufacturer. :D

Although the SGS2 does have a much better encoder.

(CABAC high profile/two channel audio vs CAVLC baseline/one channel audio, to compensate the iPhone records at a higher bit rate. This generates similar quality output but at the cost of much big file sizes, ~180MB vs ~100MB per minute apparently)

Associate
^ Did you try any of the 3rd party players like powerAMP?

Both the SGS2 and iP4S should have similar 1080p performance, they use the same sensor options (Sony or Samsung) with similar optics.
I think most comparisons are influenced more by the parts batch rather than phone manufacturer. :D

Although the SGS2 does have a much better encoder.

(CABAC high profile/two channel audio vs CAVLC baseline/one channel audio, to compensate the iPhone records at a higher bit rate. This generates similar quality output but at the cost of much big file sizes, ~180MB vs ~100MB per minute apparently)

I did try the 3rd party players but found the sound distorted, the iphone was a much better personal audio player, but I really like the GS2 its a great phone, plus points for both, but I still stuck with the 4s, also I have a mac pro with all my photos on ect, so it meant I don't have to drag/drop photos from the SDcard of the phone into iPhoto, this also was a pain.

I still miss the GS2 though with some things.

Soldato
I've had both and dont think there's much in it

Any chance that the iPhones set to recording video in the default upload able format ?

Man of Honour
I have both phones and the difference is extremely small.

If I had to pick which one was better it would be the 4S.

Even the video on the iPhone 4 isn't much different to the Galaxy S II (until you blow it up).

Back
Top Bottom