Name my new pet rats.

Associate
Holy Thread Resurrection.....

.......our first pair were Flo and Gladys and the boys we have now are Fred and George (George is the ginger one)

Cakey Cake by paulshellien, on Flickr

Is sad day as they are both getting on now (2 1/2 easily) and both showing signs of Hind Leg Degeneration. Fred looks like he has a flipper and is almost at the point of just pulling himself round on his front legs. George is not far behind.

Took hard decision yesterday that we need to take them to the vets and are preparing to say goodbye to 'The Boys'

Associate
You have my sympathies Shelster, I know exactly how that feels. :(

I loved having pet rats but after several pairs over the years I decided I couldn't keep going through that every 2 to 3 years; most of mine sadly developed cancer which is all too common in fancy rats. I still remember all of them very fondly though.

Associate
You have my sympathies Shelster, I know exactly how that feels. :(

I loved having pet rats but after several pairs over the years I decided I couldn't keep going through that every 2 to 3 years; most of mine sadly developed cancer which is all too common in fancy rats. I still remember all of them very fondly though.

Many thanks for that, greatly appreciated.

Is hard. Like you, I think this will be our last pair for a very long time. WHile it is great having them for the time yo do, it is very short indeed.

One of our last pair died of mammary tumours....that was not a good week as Gladys died on the Tuesday (in my hands too) which was 3 days before I deployed for 4 months.......

Back
Top Bottom